- Gym is small, with no weight-lifting equipment
- Small bathrooms
- Extra charge at breakfast for hot items like eggs and bacon
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
"Starbucks chic" vibe in business-centric Buckhead
Everything from the lobby to the breakfast nook to the gym at the Hyatt Place Atlanta has a "Starbucks chic" feel -- warm colors, minimalist decor, and sparkling countertops. The 24-hour lobby cafe even serves Starbucks coffee, along with wine, beer, and pre-made sandwiches and snacks.
As a Hyatt Place, Hyatt's business-oriented chain, the hotel features lots of conveniences for the non-leisure traveler: the lobby cafe and gym are open 24/7, and there's free breakfast, free parking, and perhaps most importantly, free Wi-Fi.
This is not to say that families can't enjoy the hotel -- there's a nice outdoor pool and all of the rooms are suites with a separate living area. It's a great value in ritzy Buckhead. The location, however, isn't ideal for sight-seeing. Most of Atlanta's attractions are in the downtown area, a 10-minute drive away.
On Peachtree Street in Buckhead
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead is located on Peachtree Street, Atlanta's main drag. It's within walking distance of the Buckhead subway stop, which will take you straight to Downtown Atlanta and its many attractions in about 15 minutes.
Buckhead is an affluent area in uptown Atlanta with tree-lined streets, high-rise office buildings, and luxury hotels. It's Atlanta's third largest financial district, and draws tourists and locals alike with it's malls and shops. The area also boasts the Atlanta History Center, a 32-acre space with gardens, trails, a historic farm and mansion, and a museum. The nightlife scene is lively (though it died down a bit after an ordinance was passed requiring all bars to close by 2:30 a.m.), but Downtown Atlanta is often a better choice for those looking to explore the city's tourist attractions.
- 28-minute drive to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- 10-minute walk to the Buckhead MARTA Station
- 15-minute walk to Lenox Square Mall
- 15-minute walk to the Atlanta History Center
- 10-minute drive or 30-minute subway ride to the Atlanta Botanical Garden
- 10-minute drive or 30-minute subway ride to the High Museum of Art
- 15-minute drive or 30-minute subway ride to World of Coca-Cola
- 15-minute drive or 30-minute subway ride to Centennial Olympic Park and the Fountain of Rings
- 15-minute drive or 30-minute subway ride to the CNN Center
- 15-minute drive or 35-minute subway ride to the Georgia Aquarium
- 15-minute drive or 35-minute subway ride to the Georgia Dome
Rooms have caramel-colored decor, with wooden and leather accents. They're not particularly stylish, but they're modern, with 42-inch flat-screen TVs, wet bars, mini-fridges, and coffeemakers. The rooms are also huge, with separate living areas (though no doors separate them -- just a partial wall).
Bathrooms are on the smaller side, with shower/tub combos, and the sink and vanity are in a large nook in the bedroom. Toothpaste can be found alongside the standard toiletries, a nice touch that is often missing in chain hotels.
- All rooms are 450 square feet, which includes a separate living area, complete with a couch, ottoman, table and chairs.
- 42-inch flat-screen TV that swivels
- Wet bar, mini-fridge, and coffeemaker
- Small bathrooms have shower/bathtub combos and free toothpaste
- Free Wi-Fi
Rooms and Rates
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead is all about convenience -- the lobby cafe, Guest Kitchen (food ordering system), and the gym are open 24/7. There is also a free shuttle that runs every half an hour, driving guests anywhere within a two-mile radius of the hotel.
Free breakfast and a 24-hour cafe
The breakfast nook at the hotel serves free breakfast, although hot items (like eggs, bacon, and French toast) cost an extra fee.
The lobby has a 24-hour cafe that sells pre-made sandwiches and pastries, as well as Starbucks coffee, beer, and wine. Guest Kitchen, a touch-screen food menu, is also located in the lobby and is open 24/7. Orders are not delivered to the room but feature options like nachos and burgers.
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||3242 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, Georgia 30305, United States|