- Located on a prime stretch of Atlantic City's Boardwalk
- Attached to the Wild Wild West Casino with its fun old west motif
- All rooms have coffeemakers and mini-fridges
- Contemporary Ruby Rooms have flat-screen TVs and iPod docks
- Indoor pool with giant skylight for natural light plus seasonal outdoor deck
- Huge fitness center and spa complex
- 24-hour room service
- Total of 16 restaurants ranging from casual to upscale, plus a martini bar
- Several nightlife options
- Some rooms and towers are in need of renovation
- Fees for use of the indoor pool and fitness center
- Fees for Wi-Fi and parking
- No outdoor pool
Bally's Atlantic City is a hotel and casino with a prime spot along the beach and Boardwalk, next to sister property Caesar's Palace. The 1,760 rooms and suites are spread throughout several buildings -- including the historic Claridge Tower -- and have coffeemakers and mini-fridges. The Ruby Rooms are the most recently renovated and feature contemporary decor along with nice linens, (some) flat-screen TVs, and iPod docks. However, not all areas are the same, and many rooms still contain worn, outdated furnishings and tube TVs. Hotel features including the attached Wild West Casino, an indoor pool with huge skylight, fitness center, and 24-hour room service. This big complex has several nightlife options and restaurants ranging from casual to upscale, but expect fees for parking, Wi-Fi, and use of the indoor pool and fitness center.
- Fitness Center
Oyster Hotel Review
Bally’s Atlantic City
Partially renovated hotel and casino with a lively atmosphere
Bally's and the Wild Wild West Casino have one of the best exteriors along the Boardwalk, with a brightly colored, old west theme. In addition, the board game Monopoly is a major emblem here, as Bally's sits right on the famous intersection of Park Place and Boardwalk. The modernity of the hotel, which features multiple towers, varies. While some areas feel dated, the renovated Ruby Rooms are stylish and contemporary. The casino itself has a young vibe, especially on weekends when there are live bands and beer pong tournaments. There are also a total of 16 restaurants in this complex for additional nightly entertainment.
Prime positioning at the intersection of Park Place and Boardwalk
Bally's occupies a prime position along the beach on the Atlantic City Boardwalk. The intersection of this hotel and casino, at Park Place and Boardwalk, will appeal to most Monopoly fans (a theme that is used often in resort events). Though there is plenty to do within the property limits, a number of other casino hotels are within easy walking distance, including Caesar's and Tropicana. The Atlantic City Convention Center and the New Jersey Transit train station are both a few blocks away. For shoppers, the Pier Shops is directly across the Boardwalk and contains some luxury name brand stores and additional restaurant options. Atlantic City itself is known foremost as the gambling capital of the East Coast.
- 2-minute drive or 9-minute walk to Boardwalk Hall
- 3-minute drive or 10-minute walk to the New Jersey Transit train station and Atlantic City Convention Center
- 5-minute drive or 23-minute walk to Absecon Lighthouse
- 6-minute drive to Borgata Resort, Casino & Spa
- 7-minute drive to Farley State Marina
- 11-minute drive to Lucy the Elephant
- 16-minute drive to Brigantine Golf Links
- 29-minute drive to Renault Winery
- 52-minute drive to Long Beach Island
- 49-minute drive to Wildwoods by the Sea
- 53-minute drive to Cape May
- 65-minute drive to Philadelphia
- 130-minute drive to New York City
Rooms vary, and the Ruby Rooms are the most contemporary
Similar to many other hotels in Atlantic City, rooms vary greatly at Bally's. Many areas have been renovated and others are in the process of renovations, but there are still some towers that contain older rooms with tired furnishings. The Ruby Rooms are the most contemporary option, and feature a contemporary red, white, and grey color scheme. These rooms are fresh and offer modern amenities such as iPod docks, flat-screen TVs, and some even have balconies. Design touches such as vinyl couches and zebra print pillows might appeal to a younger crowd.
- Rooms have mini-fridges, coffeemakers, work desks and chairs, and shower/tub combos
- On-demand movies and video games available
- Wi-Fi available for a daily fee
- Front-facing rooms have great ocean views
The Wild Wild West Casino, nightlife options, and an indoor pool
Besides its excellent location, Bally's also has many features to offer. The Wild Wild West Casino has trendy slot machines -- including Sex and the City and the Wheel of Fortune series -- as well as $1 table games such as Blackjack. Entertainment at the casino includes live bands, beer pong tournaments, and a mechanical bull. The Mountain Sports Bar has a 24-hour happy hour.
- Bars on-site include Blue Martini and the lobby bar with a wake-up happy hour specials
- Indoor pool and seven whirlpools beneath a huge skylight
- Seasonal outdoor deck for sunbathing (for a fee)
- Salon (for men and women) with hair, skin, and nail treatments
- Family Fun Center for kids with games and an arcade room
- Guests have access to the Atlantic City Country Club for tee times
- 24-hour room service available
All-Inclusive / Food
A variety of dining choices including Asian food, a steakhouse, and Harry's Oyster Bar
Bally's is a major resort in Atlantic City and offers a decent number of dining options to fit all budgets. For casual meals, there is a cafe, deli, and sub shop as well as Johnny Rockets for burgers. The Reserve is a steak and seafood restaurant with a fine dining setting, and Harry's Oyster Bar is a popular place with its U-shaped bar and nine televisions for watching sports. In the summer, there is an outdoor bar with more televisions and seating areas that lead out to the Boardwalk. Meanwhile, Arturo's features Italian cuisine in a contemporary setting and views of the ocean. The Virginia City Buffet has a classic Atlantic City all-you-can-eat atmosphere.
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Gameroom / Arcade
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.