- Beautiful location next to Lady Bird Lake, with plenty of greenery
- Within walking distance of many top Austin attractions
- Trio Restaurant is a place to see and be seen
- Flat-screen TVs, DVD players, and iPod docks
- One of the city’s best restaurants and lounge bars
- Luxury spa and outdoor saltwater pool
- Modern fitness center
- Free Wi-Fi
- Rooms sixth-floor level and below may have obstructed views (trees and power lines)
- Fees for valet parking
- No self-parking
- Room decor is a bit generic
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Luxury chain with celebrity cachet and a lakefront location
The Four Seasons Austin has long been the haunt of Austin’s elite, and Sheryl Crow, Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock and Lance Armstrong have been spotted here eating lunch or enjoying some Austin-style pampering.
Movie stars and athletes aside, the Four Seasons caters to business travelers, as well as wealthy families, who may appreciate the decent-sized swimming pool.
The lobby is as elegant as you'd expect from a high-end chain, with sophisticated Southwestern-style decor: wood accents, a fireplace with a wrought iron screen, and unique artistic touches, like colorful glass sculptures and even a display of cowboy boots. The grounds also impress -- guests can expect an expanse of green lawn and peeks of the lake through the shady trees. Only the rooms, which feel a tad generic, fall short.
In the heart of the city’s business sector, right next to the Austin Convention Center and the placid Lady Bird Lake
Austin’s famous Lady Bird Lake makes for a peaceful backdrop, and you’ll find the more pleasant aspects of urban life in Austin literally at your doorstep. Noise is not as much of an issue here as with other properties fronting Austin city streets, as the Four Seasons is tucked away on a private driveway away from the main streets it fronts.
- 20-minute-drive to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- 3-minute walk or 1-minute drive to the Austin Convention Center
- 5-minute-walk to Sixth Street entertainment district
- 10-minute-walk to Texas State Capitol
- 10-minute-walk to Congress Avenue Bridge, with a nightly summertime bat show
- 15-minute-walk to Austin City Limits at The Moody Theater
- 15-minute-walk to 2nd Street entertainment district
- 15-minute-walk to Frank Erwin Center
- 6-minute-drive to the Blanton Museum of Art
- 8-minute-drive to Mike A. Myers Stadium
- 8-minute-drive to LBJ Presidential Library
Comfortable and bright, with high-end amenities but slightly generic decor
The Four Seasons' rooms, though not especially chic or stylish, do feel clean and comfortable in a classic way -- if a tad generic. They come with all the luxury amenities you'd expect: flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and high-end bath products.
Some of the rooms overlook Lady Bird Lake, though in rooms on the sixth floor or below views might be obstructed by trees and power lines.
- Bathrooms have marble countertops.
- Flat-screen TVs with cable channels and on-demand movies, as well as a DVD player
- Suites feature Bulgari bath products; standard rooms feature L’Occitane bath products.
- Two-cup coffeemakers with free coffee and tea
- Well-stocked minibars
- iPod docks
- Some rooms have city views, not lake views.
- Upgrading to a suite gets you a walk-in shower and a spacious walk-in closet.
Rooms and Rates
- Modern fitness center with various cardio machines, strength training equipment, and free weights
- Circular outdoor saltwater pool with plenty of lounge chairs in a wooded lakeside setting. Food and drink service available in the warmer months.
- The Spa, one of the finest places in Austin to enjoy some pampering
- A well-stocked store in the lobby selling fine quality clothing, accessories and souvenirs
- View Full List of Amenities
Uber chic Trio is one of the city’s finest restaurants, and the haunt of local and visiting celebrities
- Trio features a modern atmosphere, decent wine list, indoor or outdoor seating facing green gardens, and a swanky wine bar. The menu specializes in grilled steak and seafood. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Lobby Lounge has a more casual atmosphere, with Southwestern-inspired decor and balconies that open to the grounds below.
- Room service around-the-clock
- The city’s finest restaurants are all within walking distance.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||98 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, Texas 78701-4039, United States|
|Phone||1 (512) 478-4500|