- Outdoor pool located on a deck with views of Town Lake
- Rooms are modern and relatively stylish (for the hotel tier)
- Keurig coffeemakers, microwaves, and mini-fridges come standard
- Movie theater with popcorn service off the bar
- Restaurant open for all three meals
- Spacious, well-equipped fitness center
- Bicycle rentals available in the lobby
- Parking in the property's garage is free
- Wi-Fi is free and available throughout the property
- Coin-operated washers and dryers are available
- Hotel shuttle gets booked up quickly
- Might be challenging for those without a car
- No umbrellas for shade in the pool area
- Breakfast is pricey and only average
As far as Holiday Inns go, this three-pearl hotel is a nice one, thanks to renovations that finished up in 2017. However, location isn't ideal for those without a car -- most tourist and business attractions in Austin are within driving distance, and the hotel's free shuttle gets booked quickly. However, the 322 rooms are modernized and there's an outdoor pool that overlooks Town Lake. Surprisingly, breakfast isn't free, and it's expensive for the average chain fare it is. For a mid-range option more centrally located, the Hampton Inn & Suites downtown is a block away from the city's convention center, though it lacks lake vistas.
- Fitness Center
This Hotel Also Featured In
Austin will be hosting the second annual three-day weekend of the ACL Music Festival starting this Friday. The self-titled Live Music Capital of the World (and the actual capital of Texas), Austin has emerged as a hotspot thanks to its South by Southwest festival (where Twitter gained buzz in 2007), downtown entertainment district, and Brooklyn-like…
Oyster Hotel Review
Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake
Modernized Holiday Inn is a popular pic for business travelers and vacationers with cars
The hotel's lobby isn't the most characterful, but thanks to renovations in 2016-17, it's bright, stylish (especially for a mid-range chain hotel), and has lots of cozy seating clusters. The property itself is split between two towers, and Holiday Inn's standard, inoffensively modern decor scheme -- clean lines and neutral tones --is carried throughout the restaurants and other common areas. The property is a decent value pick for business travelers and vacationers, particularly with its scenic lake vistas, but it's less convenient for those without a car.
Just off I-35, on the edge of Town Lake and outside downtown
The Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake enjoys a solid location for a hotel in its price point. Rooms facing north and west have decent city and lake views. The trail surrounding Town Lake (also known as Lady Bird Lake) can be taken to enjoy some exercise on this popular corridor or used to access downtown Austin and its myriad of entertainment options. The hotel does have a shuttle available within a two-mile radius, as well as to the airport, though be sure to get on the schedule for it.
- 15-minute walk or three-minute drive to Rainey Street entertainment district
- Five-minute drive to Austin Convention Center (or a 20-minute walk)
- Six-minute drive to the Sixth Street entertainment district
- Six-minute drive to Austin City Limits at The Moody Theater
- Eight-minute drive to Texas State Capitol
- 10-minute drive to LBJ Presidential Library
- 20-minute drive to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
Modern and stylish rooms; some with lake vistas
Rooms at this Holiday Inn were modernized through renovations in 2016 and 2017, resulting in earth tone furnishings in either serene pale-green or burnt-orange. They're carpeted and have wooden furniture with attractive tweed-like accents. All are generally very quiet, and many have lovely lake views. Standard amenities are excellent, including flat-screen TVs, Keurig coffeemakers, microwaves, and mini-fridges, plus desks and an armchair. Some add small sofas and coffee tables. Bathrooms are bright and have either shower/tub combos or big walk-in showers, as well as hairdryers and toiletries.
Quality features for a Holiday Inn, including an outdoor pool overlooking the lake
The hotel offers a few quality features, especially for a three-pearl Holiday Inn. Most notable is an outdoor pool overlooking the lake (and the highway) with lounge chairs and cushioned couches. Umbrellas, however, would be a welcome addition in the Texas sun. The well-equipped gym has modern cardio and strength-training machines, as well as free weights. There are also a media room with popcorn service and bicycle rentals in the lobby. Boathouse Grill serves three casual meals a day, and has beers on tap and three TVs hung on its stone-covered walls. Surprisingly for this tier of hotel, the breakfast buffet doesn't come free with the room. Coin-operated laundry service is available. Wi-Fi is free and accessible throughout the property, including in the meeting rooms. Free parking is available in the garage.
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Supervised Kids Activities
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.