- Outstanding service and uniquely high-end amenities
- Lovely beachfront with reserved seating and Evian misting
- Beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall
- Highly acclaimed spa with hydrotherapy rooms
- 4 restaurants, including romantic L’Acajou for sunset views
- Luxurious rooms with private terraces and free refreshments
- 3 golf courses including The Green Monkey
- Water sports, 9 tennis courts, and a modern fitness center
- Family-friendly resort with free use of The Treehouse Club
- Free airport transfers and valet parking
- Hands down, the most expensive resort in Barbados
- The beach area can get crowded during peak season
- The see-and-be-seen kind of clientele may create a stuffy vibe
Decked out in signature pink, the 112-room Sandy Lane is the creme de la creme of Barbados -- indeed, it's one of the most luxurious resorts in the world -- known for unparalleled service and distinct touches. Guest amenities run rampant; perhaps the most noteworthy is access to the super exclusive Green Monkey golf course with a separate apparel line that can only be purchased after completion. A Rolls Royce Phantom, top-notch spa, outstanding restaurants, and celebrity sightings are just a few aspects that set the elegant Palladian-style hotel apart from the rest. This is a very special place, for those who can afford it.
- Fitness Center
- Kids Club
This Hotel Also Featured In
The islands of the Caribbean are beloved tourist draws for their charming seaside towns, sunny weather, and, perhaps most popularly, the gorgeous beaches scattered across the region. But it’s not all palm trees and sunshine: Some of the beaches have cultivated quite a reputation for being less peaceful and relaxed, and more dangerous and, well,…
It’s finally summer, and vacation is calling. With so many wonderful options in this big, beautiful world of ours, vacation planning can get a bit overwhelming. To help you decide where to go, we put together a list of 20 of the world’s most amazing summer getaways. Some are known as major summer destinations, while…
As much of North America is blanketed in biting temps, snow, and ice, plenty of people are considering ditching their snow boots and jackets for a much-needed sunny Caribbean escape. But then comes the question of where to visit — each country in the region has its own unique atmosphere, and what could be the…
You’ve heard the saying before — stars, they’re just like us. Well, this goes for vacationing, too. When it comes to taking time off, celebs tend to head to secluded properties that are tucked away from the paparazzi and boast over-the-top amenities, like dreamy infinity pools and top-notch dining options. If this sounds like your…
Did the billion-dollar Powerball jackpot have you dreaming of what you would do with that money? Us too. As typical travel enthusiasts, we imagined (re)visiting the hundreds of luxe island properties on our site that are typically frequented by celebrities and others with deep pockets. (Trust us, when we went, it was in the name…
Jamaica makes our list of top Caribbean picks this winter. Look outside. Are the trees bare? Inhale deeply. Is that manufactured heat you smell? Check the thermometer. Has the mercury already dipped to OMG degrees? It’s hard — some would say, appalling — to be experiencing these temperatures when it’s not even winter yet. (The…
Traveling abroad is an excellent time to get to know other cultures and customs, and ultimately, yourself. But international travel does come with its own set of challenges, like navigating a language barrier, changing your currency, orienting yourself to new neighborhoods, etc. Many of these hindrances, however, can be minimized by choosing the right hotel.…
Last week, we gave you the low down on just how low hotel rates can go. And we pleasantly discovered they can get quite low; all 10 properties that made our “cheapest hotels” list cost $22/night or less! Of course, these extremely affordable prices often meant shared bathrooms, stark decor, and tiny spaces. So today,…
Many stateside beaches become enjoyable again once that summer weather hits. But there are still quite a few reasons to plan a Caribbean summertime escape; hotel prices are much lower than the ones you’ll find over the holidays and spring break, you won’t have to worry so much about the kids’ schedules with school and…
Photo Credit: UK Ministry of Defence Is it possible to be more excited about the upcoming due date of a baby than the baby’s mother? Because we think that might be the case with us and the Duchess of Cambridge’s second bundle of joy. Because we’re just so excited: The little royal is due this…
Things You Should Know About Sandy Lane Hotel
Also Known As
- Sandy Lane
- Dolphin Suite
- Luxury Dolphin Suite
- Luxury Ocean Room
- Luxury Orchid Suite
- Ocean Room
- Orchid Room
Sandy Lane, BB24024, Barbados
Oyster Hotel Review
Sandy Lane Hotel
The Sandy Lane epitomizes luxury, service, and distinction
For those who love luxury, not much else compares to the Sandy Lane. This is not a big-name chain by any means, and first-time guests will have to remember to close their mouths as they uncover surprise after surprise. Upon arrival, the road winds through beautiful grounds and mahogany trees toward the impressive entrance and marble lobby bedecked with the first signs of the signature pink. In fact, pink is the Sandy Lane’s clever branding technique, and it is incorporated into every possible area.
The friendly staff will whisk away luggage, and because no tipping is allowed, there is never a need to worry about pulling out the wallet. Receive a welcome cocktail and wander out to the beautiful terrace with seating areas that look out onto the beach and the Caribbean Sea.
Hallways feature local art, and each wing has a distinct mosaic symbol in the flooring. This is a universal sign that lets guests know -- regardless of language barriers -- that they are in the right wing. Because the resort attracts VIPs from celebrities to dignitaries (Tiger Woods was married here), there is a see-and-be-seen feel. However, because the service is so outstanding, it lacks any sort of pretension. The Sandy Lane is first and foremost a place to feel special, and it works.
A premier spot on the ritzy west coast, just a few minutes from Holetown
The Sandy Lane is one of the few resorts in Barbados that offers free airport welcomes, and depending on availability, this could happen in the Rolls-Royce Phantom. Because the property is located on a busy road, walking to nearby attractions is not recommended, though there is an underground tunnel that leads guests (with key-card access) under this main road to the Old Nine golf course and tennis courts. The hotel can arrange transportation to the Country Club, and taxis are readily available for transportation to other areas of the island. The nearest hub is just a few minutes down the road, known as Holetown, the spot where Brits first discovered Barbados back in the 17th Century. Today it contains gourmet restaurants and shopping, including the new Limegrove complex, featuring high-end names such as Ralph Lauren and Louis Vuitton.
- 30-minute drive to Grantley Adams International Airport
- 2-minute drive to Holetown
- 3-minute drive to Sandy Lane Country Club
- 7-minute drive to Royal Westmoreland Golf Course
- 12-minute drive to Speightstown
- 13-minute drive to Harrison's Cave
- 13-minute drive to Flower Forest Botanical Gardens
- 15-minute drive to Bridgetown
- 24-minute drive to St. Lawrence Gap
- 25-minute drive to Soup Bowl surfing area
- 26-minute drive to Oistins Fish Fry
Luxurious rooms, suites, and a five-bedroom villa -- all fit for a king
Rooms at the Sandy Lane are of high quality and contain distinct touches such as Italian marble floors, plantation-style designer furniture, and parabolic speakers on the veranda and in the bathroom. Large closets and state-of-the-art bathrooms contain bathrobes and slippers with the signature “SL” monogram. Longtime guests will eventually be treated to their own monogrammed sheets at the hotel -- some say this is a rite of passage.
- Spacious private verandas
- Large framed flat-screen TVs
- Personalized private bar and refreshment centers
- Espresso machines
- Electronic "Do Not Disturb" and "Make Up Room" signs
- Free Wi-Fi
Special amenities make the Sandy Lane a destination in itself
From sand to grass, there's more than enough to keep guests active and happy at Sandy Lane. The Beach Club offers water sports including waterskiing, banana boat and other towable rides, kayaking and catamaran sailing. All non-motorized water sports are free. Scuba diving and deep-sea fishing charters can be arranged here as well.
For golf enthusiasts, there are three golf courses: the Old Nine, the Country Club course (open to the public), and the super-exclusive Green Monkey, which has been carved from an old limestone quarry. Reservations for the Green Monkey must be made far in advance, as there are limited tee times per day. Golf carts are provided for both the Country Club and Green Monkey courses, and are outfitted with a GPS system.
- Beachside service includes reserved seating, cold towels, tropical drinks, sorbets, fresh fruit, and Evian misting
- Large outdoor pool and waterfall surrounded by lovely gardens
- Pool Bar offers cocktails and light refreshments
- Spectacular Sandy Lane Spa features hydrotherapy and Jet Blitz rooms, as well as outdoor showers and a spacious Jacuzzi with a view
- Modern fitness center offers free daily classes including Pilates, spinning, circuits, and yoga
- 9 floodlit tennis courts, as well as tennis professionals available for lessons (tournaments and round-robins can be arranged as well)
- The Treehouse Club, a free children’s activity and entertainment center available to children three years of age and older
- The Pro Shop at the Country Club offers Sandy Lane branded apparel, equipment, and accessories for golf and tennis.
- Meeting spaces include the latest technology such as video conferencing and audio-visual equipment
- Weekly manager’s cocktail party
- Guest packing service provided by the hotel
- Welcome by airport concierge upon arrival; transfers to and from the airport in an executive car (Rolls-Royce Phantom offered upon availability)
- Welcome cocktail upon arrival to the hotel, and fruit in room on arrival
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the resort
- Free valet parking
- View Full List of Amenities
All-Inclusive / Food
First-class dining and cocktails all throughout the property
Bajan Blue is located on the lower terrace, and offers all-day dining that incorporates European, Caribbean, and Asian-influenced cuisine. This is the resort’s more informal restaurant, though it stays sophisticated with a wine bar and sushi station. The Sunday Brunch is also popular.
L’Acajou is the resort’s fine dining option in a romantic, open-air beachfront setting. The pink-and-white motif looks spectacular with candles, and the menu, though expensive, offers gourmet cuisine and an outstanding wine list. This restaurant is an excellent choice for a special occasion.
The Spa Cafe is connected to the outdoor pool and offers light dining with healthy salads and sandwiches throughout the day.
The Country Club Restaurant overlooks a golf course, as well as the Caribbean Sea. This is a great place to enjoy an outdoor lunch (birds are strategically fed along the golf course so they won’t bother diners) or cocktails at sunset.
There are seven bars throughout the resort including Sandy Lane’s Monkey Bar, a cool spot for a nightcap, where Elton John has been known to play impromptu piano.
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Poolside Drink Service
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Supervised Kids Activities
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.