- Typical chain hotel ambience lacks charm
- No fitness center or pool (guests have access to nearby gym)
- Noise can be an issue, especially in rooms by the elevator
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Close to downtown attractions and right on Calle Florida, the bustling pedestrian street popular for shopping
The biggest draw of the Howard Johnson Plaza Florida is its prime location. It stands on the bustling thoroughfare of Calle Florida, a pedestrian street that is popular for shopping. The neighborhood has some elegant, upscale stores, but also has its fair share of fast food chains and cheap souvenir stands.
While Calle Florida is crowded and busy with office workers, vendors, and tourists during the day, the vibe becomes more relaxed once the sun goes down. Street performers come out to sing and dance during these evening hours, but be forewarned that pickpockets are also somewhat common.
Calle Florida also features some stunning architectural sights, such as the former BankBoston building that is famous for its ornate facade and bronze doors. This local landmark marks the spot where Calle Florida and Diagonal Norte Avenue intersect. Calle Florida runs through downtown Buenos Aires and if you follow it northward, you will eventually hit the lush Plaza San Martin.
- 37-minute drive from Buenos Aires Ministro Pistarini International Airport
- 2-minute walk to Museo de Armas de la Nacion, for Agentina’s military history
- 7-minute walk to Plaza San Martin
- 15-minute walk to Teatro Colon, for opera and ballet
- 5-minute drive to El Obelisco
- 6-minute drive to Casa Rosada
- 6-minute drive to Buenos Aires Metropolitan Cathedral
- 9-minute drive to Plaza de Mayo
Rooms and Rates
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
|Address||Calle Florida 944, At Alvear, Microcenter, Buenos Aires C1005AAU, Argentina|
|Phone||54 (114) 891-9200|