- Private beach with shuttle to outer beach
- Oceanfront heated pool
- Adults-only Signature Spa Suites
- Luxury spa with private relaxation pool and Zen garden
- Modern 24-hour fitness center
- Lots of activities on-site, including tennis courts and nature walks
- Private charters to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard
- Minimum stay required
- Kids' program is a bit pricey
- Many resort activities cost extra
- Daily resort fee
- Daily fee for Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Glitz and glamour mingle with history and charm at the Chatham Bars Inn
When it was built in 1914 by Charles Hardy, Chatham Bars Inn was an elegant vacation destination targeting well-heeled Bostonians. Since then, it has transformed itself into one of the Cape's most luxurious year-round resorts -- with rates to match.
The word “inn” conjures up an image of a cute, quaint setting where guests sit on the veranda for afternoon tea. There is a veranda here overlooking the ocean, and guests can enjoy a daily afternoon tea, but Chatham Bars Inn is anything but a simple “inn.” With private chartered boats, a beautiful golf course, a luxury spa, and fine dining, this property is more like a resort.
Set on 25 acres of waterfront property, this inn is still as much an architectural beauty as it was at its inception. Thanks to extensive renovations, the inn's rooms retain their original glamour while offering modern perks such as flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi (though for a daily fee).
Chatham Bars Inn is a big hit with families (read: lots of kids every where you look), so couples looking for a quiet, romantic stay would be best off booking the adult-only Signature Spa Suites, complete with a private relaxation pool at The Spa.
The “elbow” of Cape Cod is the perfect home base for the exploring the rest of the Cape and the islands
With a private beach, multiple dining options, and activities to keep your day as packed as you want it to be, it's possible to visit the Chatham Bars Inn and never leave the property, unless you count stopping by the famed Fish Pier next door to catch the afternoon spectacle of fishing boats bringing in their catch (alongside barking seals).
But for those who do venture out to get a real Cape Cod experience, Chatham's Main Street is less than a half mile away. While other Cape towns have become more commercialized over the years, Chatham has retained that small town feel. Main Street is chock full of shops, galleries, restaurants, and even weekly summer band concerts at the Kate Gould Park. Surrounded on three sides by water, there are plenty of beautiful beaches and activities to enjoy. And if it's fresh seafood you're craving, you've come to the right place.
Located in “the elbow” of the Cape, Chatham is also the perfect jumping-off point for day trips around the Cape and to the islands, particularly if travelers take advantage of the private charter services at Chatham Bars Inn to the islands, rather than taking the ferries from Hyannis or Woods Hole.
- Two-hour drive to Logan International Airport
- 10 minute walk to Main Street, where you will find shops, galleries, and restaurants, as well as staples such as CVS and a post office
- 35-minute drive to Wellfleet
- One-hour drive to Provincetown
Couples looking for romance should look to the Signature Spa Suites
In the Main Inn, rooms are furnished in New England-style decor with crisp white linens, tufted upholstered chairs, and turned-leg furnishings. Some rooms have an ocean view, while others have a property view. Depending on the category, rooms also have a balcony or porch. For a more homey experience, there are 26 cottages in true Cape Cod-home style.
The Signature Spa Suites, for adults only, are among the most luxurious accommodations. The 12 suites located above the Spa include oversized hydrotherapy tubs, saunas, steam showers, massage tables, and fireplaces. Guests can enjoy spa services within the privacy of their own suite, or at the spa itself. Guests also enjoy access to a private relaxation pool, cabanas, and Japanese Zen Garden.
- Flat-screen TVs
- Bose Wave radios
- Red Flower bath products
- Central air
- Nespresso coffeemakers with free coffee
- Daily newspaper delivery
- Wi-Fi for a daily fee
Rooms and Rates
An oceanfront pool, private beach, luxury spa, and more
- Oceanfront heated outdoor pool with food, drink service, and private cabana reservations
- Private beach with food and drink service, shuttle to outer beach
- Spa offers massage, body treatments, and other luxury services
- 24-hour fitness center with modern equipment
- Classic clay tennis courts with lessons and clinics available (additional fees apply)
- Afternoon tea in the South Lounge overlooking the ocean
- Daily kids' program with morning, afternoon, and evening sessions (additional fees)
- Library with computer and printing
- Breakfast, twilight, and seal cruises from the hotel's dock
- Nature and beach walks led by the hotel's naturalist
- Seasonal antique car tours of Chatham in a vintage Ford Model A Woody
New England seafood and cuisine are the main focus at the inn's restaurants and lounges
The Sacred Cod Tavern, located in the Main Inn, serves up New England-style gourmet pub fare in comfortable surroundings. Open for lunch or dinner, there is also a bar and lounge where guests can relax with a cocktail or two.
If you prefer an ocean view with your meal, grab lunch or dinner at the Beach House Grill overlooking the water. Open seasonally, the Cape Cod Clambakes are a popular draw for families.
Enjoy the ocean view from the Veranda, as well, which has been a staple of the Chatham Bars Inn since 1914. Open seasonally, guests can nibble on sandwiches, salads, and lighter fare (plenty of fresh seafood) while watching the sun set over the ocean. There are also plenty of signature cocktails to enjoy.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||297 Shore Road, Chatham 02633, United States|
|Also Known As||