- Fee for self-parking
- On the far northern edge of the Historic Downtown
- Decor is a bit dated
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Located on the far northern edge of Historic Downtown, it is a bit of a walk to the heart of the action, but a few restaurants, bars, and attractions are nearby.
Although a visitor center is nearby and several decent restaurants are within walking distance, the hotel is a bit removed from the Historic Downtown's core. Thankfully, a free trolley stop is just across the street, providing a quick way to travel to the heart of the action in the district's center.
Historic Downtown Charleston looks just how it does in the movies, with colorful, porch-fronted homes, cobblestoned streets, and beautiful gardens. Many of the homes date back to the early 1800s and the area maintains its old town charm with the city's height restriction ordinance. Home to sites such as Gibbes Museum of Art, the Heyward-Washington House (former residency of Thomas Heyward, Jr., one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence), and the College of Charleston, Historic Downtown is divided into two zones by Broad Street -- Slightly North of Broad and South of Broad.
One of the most coveted addresses in the South, Slightly North of Broad has some of the most glamorous houses in South Carolina and those who live there are nicknamed "SNOBs" for their chi-chi neighborhoods. It is also home to high-end shops, galleries, and restaurants along King Street, as well as the College of Charleston, which means there is a lively nightlife scene.
- 20-minute drive to Charleston International Airport
- 10-minute walk to the College of Charleston
- 15-minute walk to South Carolina Aquarium
- 15-minute walk to Gibbes Museum of Art
- 20-minute walk to Broad Street
- 5-minute drive to Heyward Washington House, former residency of Thomas Heyward, Jr., one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence
- 25-minute ferry ride to Fort Sumter National Monument
Rooms and Rates
|Things to Do||
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||345 Meeting St, Charleston 29403, United States|