Oak Brook, Chicago Travel Guide
Oak Brook Summary
- Numerous golf courses
- A famous shopping mall with hundreds of stores
- Quiet area
- Several forest reserves good for hiking
- Far from downtown Chicago
- No attractions within walking distance
- Few accommodation options
What It's Like
This small suburban area, located 21 miles (a 35-minute drive) from downtown Chicago, is a popular golf destination -- but it's not popular for much else. Besides the numerous courses, there's also a huge shopping mall with hundreds of stores and chain restaurants. The dozens of forest preserves in the area offer excellent hiking.
Where To Stay
There are few accommodation options in this area, and most people stay at the Oak Brook Hills Marriott, a convention hotel built directly on a golf course, with two pools, a tennis court and a large but unexceptional rooms.