Travel Guide of Park Cities, Dallas for: The Highland DallasPark Cities, Dallas, Texas
Park Cities Summary
- Walking distance from a number of restaurants and shops
- High-end shopping at various malls in the areas
- Live entertainment, like fashion shows, at Highland Park Village
- Family-friendly activities
- Some cultural activities at Southern Methodist University
- Many restaurants nearby, like Italian, Asian, seafood, Mediterranean, and Mexican cuisine
- Very residential; only a few condensed areas around hotels are good for walking
- Stretches of land with nothing (except homes)
- Limited nightlife
What It's Like
Park Cities is made up of Highland Park and University Park. The area remains very residential and high-end, but restaurants and shops can be found immediately surrounding the popular hotels in the district. This area of Dallas is extremely wealthy, and the choices in shopping and dining reflect that.
The heart of this area is the Southern Methodist University, which stands on a huge campus off Highway 75 in the southeastern corner of University Park neighborhood.
Where To Stay
Hotels are few and far between in this district, but it’s almost guaranteed that a hotel in this area will be near plenty of restaurants and shops. The Historic District isn’t too far away, and highway 75 runs from Park Cities right through Downtown. Visitors looking to be closer to the excitement might want to stay in the more southern Highland Park, which also has public transportation running to Downtown regularly.