- Great downtown location
- Rooms have stylish, contemporary decor
- Nightly cookie bar, with fresh-baked cookies and milk
- Free nightly happy hour, free Wi-Fi, and free breakfast
- Solid 24-hour fitness center
- iPod docks and flat-screen TVs
- Harry's Bar, with mod decor and light fare
- Spacious lounge with billiards, bar and dinner menu
- Suites have kitchens or kitchenettes, and in some cases gas fireplaces
- Rooms are a bit small
- Overnight fee for valet parking
- No pool or spa
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Modern and stylish, with dark wood accents and historic touches
The Magnolia may be housed in a former bank building that dates to 1911, but inside, the decor is thoroughly modern and stylish. A few subtle touches allude to the hotel's past, such as black-and-white photographs showing the building in the early 1900s.
A $7-million renovation in late 2008 revitalized the Magnolia and reintroduced it to Denver’s boutique hotel scene, and the rooms now have plush bedding, huge Kohler sinks, and dark wood furniture. And the hotel has continued its improvements: in August 2011, the rooms acquired satiny, richly pigmented damask-print bed covers.
An especially appealing part of the hotel is the underground lounge, with its rock-and-waterfall display. The sound of the running water, combined with the lounge's low ceilings and dim lighting, helps to create a relaxing, intimate atmosphere.
In downtown Denver, within walking distance of the city's major attractions
Although the Magnolia is in the heart of downtown, its set-back street entrance creates a feeling of seclusion. The property is within walking distance of many of the city's most popular attractions, among them the Colorado Convention Center and the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall. Various major hotels, including the Hilton Garden Inn and the Hyatt Regency, are nearby as well.
Other attractions in the vicinity include the Denver Mint, the State Capitol Building; Coors Field; numerous restaurants; and microbreweries, for which Denver is famous.
- 30-minute taxi or shuttle from the Denver International Airport
- 1-minute walk to the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall
- 10-minute walk to the Denver Convention Center
- 13-minute walk to the closest microbrewery, the Great Divide Brewing Company
- 14-minute walk to the Denver Mint
- 14-minute walk to the Denver State Capitol
- 5-minute drive to Coors Field
- 8-minute drive to Elitch Gardens Theme Park
- 8-minute drive to Denver Aquarium
- 8-minute drive to the Pepsi Center
- 1-hour drive to closest ski facility, Loveland Ski Area
- 1.5-hour drive to Estes Park, gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park
Stylish contempory decor and sleek bathrooms
While the rooms at the Magnolia are not the largest in downtown Denver, they seem bigger due to their tall ceilings and large windows. They are all stylishly decorated with contemporary, dark-wood furniture, and have plush feather down bedding, white comforters and satiny damask accent bed covers, iPod docks and flat-screen TVs.
- Plush bedding, contemporary dark wood furniture, and sleek bathrooms
- iPod docks and flat-screen TVs
- Unique custom-made Kohler bathroom sinks
- Shower/tub combos with large, oval tubs
- Tall ceilings and large windows
- Plush robes
- Free Wi-Fi
- All suites have kitchens or kitchenettes, and some have gas fireplaces.
Rooms and Rates
Great freebies and a solid fitness center, but no on-site pool or spa
The hotel offers great perks, including a cookie and milk reception every night, a free breakfast buffet every morning, free Wi-Fi, and a solid 24-hour fitness center. But there is no pool or spa.
The grand Magnolia Ballroom, located across the street from the main building, is a notable feature, with 3,500 square feet and 25-foot glass atrium ceiling, huge columns and a hanging glass chandelier. There is also a separate bar and kitchen. The ballroom hosts wine tastings, business meetings, and wedding receptions.
- Harry’s, the on-site bar and restaurant, offers drinks and light fare in a mod space featuring wood accents and bold colors.
- The Magnolia Ballroom hosts meetings and wedding receptions.
- Free cookies and milk every night
- Free nightly happy hour
- Free breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Large downstairs lounge with beautiful rock-and-water display, billiards, bar, and dinner menu
- Solid 24-hour fitness center with modern machines and mood lighting
- On-site Starbucks
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||818 17th Street, Denver, Colorado 80202, United States|