- Large pool complex with children’s areas, slides, and a paddling pool
- A spectacular spa with a fitness center and yoga
- Family concierge service with special amenities and activities
- Impressive Kid's Zone with rock climbing wall and trampoline
- Fine dining options, bars, and impressive buffet spreads
- Access to the beach, amenities, and restaurants at sister property next door
- Several spacious suite types, some with swim-up terraces
- Classically decorated rooms with quality toiletries and minibars
- Lots of activities on hand including sea excursions and evening entertainment
- Manicured grounds with a peaceful surroundings
- Tennis courts, plus free green fees at the Cocotal Golf & Country Club
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Not directly on the beach (a regular shuttle service is on hand)
- More space means longer distances to get from one area to the next
- Suite amenities vary; make sure to specify room type when booking
- The best restaurants tend to fill up quickly, making reservations a challenge
- Drink service and Wi-Fi can be slow
- Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Punta Cana
- Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Dominican Republic
- Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Punta Cana
- Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in the Dominican Republic
- Best Luxury Hotels in Punta Cana
- Best Luxury Hotels in the Caribbean
- Best Luxury Hotels in the Dominican Republic
- Most Romantic Hotels in Punta Cana
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A spacious and relaxed vibe catering to well-heeled parents and their well-behaved little ones
A family-friendly resort might turn off those without kids, but that should not be the case at The Reserve. Practically hiding in Palma Real's grandiose shadow, the Reserve is exactly what it is described to be: quiet, spacious and relaxed. While next door is meant to impress, this garden-like environment puts guests at immediate ease with manicured grounds and soft music. Buildings are spread out and each section has a separate concierge person to assist with reservations and services; they will responsible for adding special touches for special occasions, which they are known to do.
All meandering pathways seem to lead to the main reception area and the main buffet restaurant: Gabi Club, overlooking the pool. More walking will take guests to tennis courts, a spectacular spa with a fitness center and yoga, the beach, and ecological park.
Nightlife can be family-oriented, as one would expect, but adults will likely enjoy the drinks and quality cuisine either here or next door. Make sure to wear walking shoes, or head to the lobby for shuttle service -- staff are more than happy to deliver guests to any area of the resort with a smile.
Spacious grounds and walking distance to a Bavaro beach
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real is located in an area of Bavaro that is closer to the village of Punta Cana, and therefore closer to the airport -- about a 20-minute cab drive. The resort lacks a separate beach setting, but shares facilities with next door Palma Real. Guests can walk or take a free shuttle, and it's worth doing so, as Bavaro Beach is often voted one of the best beaches by UNESCO and has great sunrise views. Nature-lovers will find an ecological park on the grounds for bird-watching. Golfers have free access to a course nearby at the Cocotal Golf Course & Country Club.
Nine suite types to choose from, some with swim-up terraces
This smaller, more intimate property offers 190 luxury suites, including 80 Family Concierge Suites, 32 suites with individual private gardens, and 28 suites with swim-up pools. Well-maintained interiors are classic in design with dark mahogany furnishings, navy blue fabrics, and marble floors.
One- or two-bedroom suites will have a king size bed or two full beds and views of either a pool or garden. All suites come with a living/dining area, pull-out sofa, kitchenettes (though more for convenience than cooking), coffeemakers, minibars with water, soda, beer and snacks (stocked daily), CD/DVD players, and 24-hour room service. Jetted tubs will either be located indoors in the large bathrooms or outside on the terrace.
Each section of the resort has a separate concierge service to assist with services and reservations.
Rooms and Rates
Plenty of activities to keep the kids occupied
The main buffet for all three meals is called Gabi Club, offering an attractive layout with red furnishings and views of the main pool. A revolving selection of quality cuisine is kept well-stocked for discerning adults and kids. In addition to this, there are two a la carte restaurants, a snack bar, and three cocktail bars; guests also get access to more bar and restaurant options next door, though reservations are a challenge and should be be made as early as possible.
Expansive pool areas are located around the property for all ages -- there's even a paddle area for babies -- and the fitness-oriented can walk over to the YHI Spa to use the fitness center or to take spin, yoga, or Pilates classes. There are also five tennis courts, an ecological park, and free green fees at the Cocotal Golf & Country Club.
Guests shouldn't have any trouble snagging a lounge chair or palapa at the beach. Free non-motorized water sports, catamaran rides, and snorkeling excursions are on hand for no charge; scuba diving and parasailing can be arranged as well.
Those who pay for the Family Concierge Service will receive extra help to make the most use of the family-friendly entertainment and leisure activities, workshops, and babysitting services.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Caribbean|