- Uncrowded private beach
- Unlimited top-shelf liquor and gourmet dining at the resort’s four restaurants
- Spacious rooms feature sleek bathrooms with double vanities and luxury toiletries
- All rooms have large flat-screen TVs with DVD players, iPod docks, and free Wi-Fi
- Pristine main pool with a swim-up bar
- Free on-site activities include yoga, snorkeling, and one horseback riding session
- One 20-minute massage included
- Gorgeous spa is one of the D.R.’s best
- Remote location is a bit difficult to reach
- No kids’ club
- Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Punta Cana
- Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Dominican Republic
- Best Luxury Hotels in Punta Cana
- Best Luxury Hotels in the Dominican Republic
- Best Beach Hotels in the Dominican Republic
- Most Romantic Hotels in Punta Cana
- Most Romantic Hotels in the Dominican Republic
- Best Boutique Hotels in the Dominican Republic
- Best Hotel Rooms in Punta Cana
- Best Hotel Rooms in the Dominican Republic
- Best Hotels in the Dominican Republic
- Best Honeymoon Hotels in Punta Cana
- Best Hotel Bathrooms in the Dominican Republic
- Best Hotel Service in Punta Cana
- Best Hotel Spas in the Dominican Republic
- Best Hotel Terraces in the Dominican Republic
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
This pristine, peaceful resort caters to couples.
Upon arriving at the Zoetry Agua, many guests assume it is an adult-only property. In fact, the resort accepts guests of all ages, but non-discounted rates for children and a lack of kid-friendly amenities -- such as a kids’ club and a children’s pool -- means that almost all guests are couples. As a result, the property has an extremely tranquil vibe. The lush grounds, contemporary common spaces, and pristine pools are rarely crowded, and the private beach is equally peaceful -- lacking the loud music and activities of many all-inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic.
The property has four lovely restaurants as well as bars by the pool, beach, and in the lobby, but they are decidedly calm, and the Zoetry Agua does not offer the nightly entertainment that some nearby resorts do. Those looking for a slightly livelier -- but still upscale -- scene may consider the Breathless Punta Cana or the Dreams Punta Cana, both of which are about 10 minutes down the road.
Agua is located in a rural area, along a bumpy road on the northern edge of Punta Cana.
The Zoetry Agua's remote location makes it extremely peaceful and relaxing -- once you've arrived. But the hour drive from the Punta Cana Airport (about $70 USD in a taxi) along a bumpy road is not the most pleasant.
There’s nothing in the surrounding area but gleaming, freshly built resorts. The upscale Sivory Punta Cana resort is to the north, while the Excellence Punta Cana is a bit farther south down the road. Breathless Punta Cana and Dreams Punta Cana, also lovely luxury resorts that are a bit livelier than the Zoetry Aqua, are just about 10 minutes down the road.
Gorgeous, spacious suites have sleek bathrooms and furnished balconies or terraces.
Rooms at this Zoetry are absolutely gorgeous, and feature upscale beach decor; picture dark wood furniture, bright local artwork, and pretty bamboo and straw accents. Plush beds with crisp white linens sit in the center of the bedroom and face the French doors. which in turn open up to furnished patios or balconies with views of either the lush grounds or the ocean. Bedrooms also have large desks -- where guests can find their welcome bottle of rum and fruit -- as well as modern amenities such as large flat-screen TVs with DVD players, iPod docks, and free Wi-Fi.
Bathrooms are equally sleek and sexy. Deep stone soaking tubs, double vanities, rainfall showerheads, luxury toiletries, and plush robes and slippers can be found in all bathrooms. All rooms also feature fully stocked mini bars (which are refreshed daily), daily deliveries of sparkling wine and fruit, three-times daily housekeeping, 24-hour laundry service, laptop-size safes, and irons and ironing boards.
Rooms and Rates
Features are upscale and plentiful.
This resort may be in a remote location, but it offers plenty of activities and features so that guests never run out of things to do. Despite a long list of offerings, however, most guests seem content to lounge by the pristine pool -- complete with a swim-up bar and views of the ocean -- or relax on the gorgeous private beach, where white sands meet turquoise waters. The beach is smaller than those at neighboring properties and there aren’t many shady spaces, but it is rarely crowded and the hotel provides nice lounge chairs and umbrellas.
The property also features a walking path, yoga, biking, snorkeling, kayaking, and many other water sports activities. Each guest can also go on a 45-minute horseback riding tour and receive at 20-minute massage for no additional fee. More horseback riding sessions and longer massages do require a fee, but all guests have free access to the gorgeous spa’s sauna, steam room, whirlpool, sensation shower, and small fitness center.
The all-inclusive rates cover unlimited top-shelf liquor and tasty a la carte meals at the hotel’s four restaurants. Guests can also opt to order from the 24-hour room service menu, and enjoy craft cocktails at the three bars.
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||Playas de Uvero Alto, Punta Cana 23000, Caribbean|
|Also Known As||