- Central location close to many of the city’s attractions
- Beautiful frescoes in the main meeting room
- Buffet breakfast sometimes included in room rate
- Many rooms have city views
- Rooftop terrace and bar with views of the city
- Good value for basic accommodations
- Some guests have complained about rooms being musty and worn
- Some complaints about faulty air conditioners
- No coffeemakers or tea kettles in the rooms
- Free Wi-Fi only in the lobby
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Classic hotel in need of an update
This hotel, once the medieval Palazzo Gaddi, certainly looks like a classic Florentine building with an arched ceiling in the lobby and antique artwork throughout. The Luca Giordano Hall features beautiful frescoes made by this famous 17th-century Italian painter. The rest of the hotel decor is a bit bland in comparison.
On a quiet street, central to many tourist attractions
The hotel is located on a narrow street and is a convenient four-minute walk from the main train station. It’s a three-minute walk to the Duomo and the Medici Chapel and about a four-minute walk to the Market of San Lorenzo.
Very basic with bland decor
The 98 rooms do not live up to four-pearl expectations, with dated blue carpeting and basic wooden furniture. Some rooms have nice views of the city. Amenities include small flat-screen TVs and mini-fridges, but no coffeemakers or tea kettles. The marble bathrooms are a bit narrow, and some have little space between the toilet and the sink or tub.
Rooms and Rates
Nice views from the rooftop terrace and wine bar
The rooftop terrace (which is closed in the winter) offers views of the Duomo and the main sights of the city center, with drinks available from the Arrighetti Lounge Bar. The Palazzo Gaddi restaurant serves Mediterranean fare, while the adjoining wine bar also offers antipasti. The hotel’s Luca Giordano Hall meeting room features 17th-century frescoes, while the Milton Room is named for the poet John Milton, who is said to have written Paradise Lost there.
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Via del Giglio, 9, Florence 50123, Italy|