- No on-site beach access (located on rocky coastline)
- No on-site dining
- Daily fee for air-conditioning
- Two-night minimum stay (three-night minimum on holiday weekends)
- Decor and appliances vary, depending on owner
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Just south of Kailua-Kona, a bustling seaside town with excellent shopping, dining, and nightlife
The Outrigger Kanaloa at Kona is a 15-minute drive south of Kailua Village (a.k.a Kailua-Kona), a small -- but busy -- seaside town on the Kona coast. The main shops, restaurants, and nightlife spots can be found on Alii Drive, and the Kailua Pier -- where the annual Ironman Triathlon starts and finishes -- is a popular place to watch the sunset. There are also several historic attractions in the town, including the Hulihee Palace (once a royal summer home and now a museum), and the Ahuena Heiau, a reconstructed temple where King Kamehameha spent the final years of his life.
The Big Island is packed with natural wonders, including active volcanoes, where visitors can still see lava flows, numerous beaches, and rainforests. It's by far the largest of the Hawaiian Islands, so be prepared to drive to experience some of the top attractions.
- 31-minute drive from Kona International Airport
- 2-hour-40-minute drive from Hilo International Airport
- 5-minute drive to the Kahaluu Beach State Park
- 14-minute drive to Kailua-Kona
- 1-hour drive to the Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area, one of the island's top beaches
- 2-hour-25-minute drive to Akaka Falls State Park, home to the 442-foot Akaka Falls and the 100-foot Kahuna Falls
- 2-hour-37-minute drive to Mauna Kea Observatories (at the summit)
- 3-hour-22-minute drive to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, home to the island's most popular volcanoes
Solid amenities, including lighted tennis courts and BBQ areas.
The Outrigger Kanaloa at Kona offers numerous amenities for guests to enjoy during their stay. There are three swimming pools, whirlpool spas, two lighted tennis courts, table tennis and five barbecue areas. Free high-speed Internet access is available in guest rooms, the lobby and the main pool area. Guests also enjoy free parking.
Rooms and Rates
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
|Address||78-261 Manukai Street, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740, United States|