Travel Guide of Teton Village, Jackson Hole for: Snake River Lodge and SpaTeton Village, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Teton Village Summary
- Steps away from the mountain: Walk out of your hotel and onto the lifts
- Charming small mountain town vibe
- Increasing number of restaurants and spas every year
- Some of the country's most challenging skiing right at your doorstep
- World-class golf course nearby
- Sleepy area: There's not much to do when the sun goes down
- Rates skyrocket during ski season
What It's Like
Teton Village is starting to become a real ski resort town, with a growing number of dining options and spas. Powder chasers come here to be steps away from the slopes, but it's also beginning to come alive during the summer, when families and outdoor types come to this side of Snake River to enjoy the rafting trips and hard-to-beat views. Having said that, the town itself is much sleepier than nearby Jackson, offering only a fraction of the restaurants and shops.
Where To Stay
Once you're in Teton Village, the question is more "where *not* to stay?" The village is condensed and everything is within walking distance of the base lodge, so it all depends on how long of a walk you'd like to make whenever you want to scale the mountain.