Monte Carlo Resort & CasinoThe Strip, Las Vegas, Nevada
Flights for this trip with Skyscanner.com
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 24 Amenities
- 40 Deluxe Room
- 66 Diamond Suite
- 48 Hotel 32 - Studio 22
- 51 Monaco Suite
- 74 Restaurants and Bars
Oyster Hotel Review
The Monte Carlo offers reasonable rates for a Strip hotel, but little in terms of Strip glitz.
The 3,002-room Monte Carlo occupies a middle ground on the Las Vegas Strip. It's not a high-concept extravaganza or luxury resort -- the building's neoclassical facade, reminiscent of the actual Monte Carlo's Place du Casino, is as close as it gets to having a "theme." Yet it's not a sketchy Strip dive either. For a reasonable price for a prime location, guests get a pleasant, though small, pool complex, the usual large casino, and a choice of eight restaurants, including a popular Strip-side Mexican eatery and a steak house.
The entertainment falls short of other Strip hotels. The real drawback, however, is the dated and drab rooms. The Monte Carlo has renovated its top floors, rolling out a new boutique hotel, Hotel32. But many of the standard rooms are still badly in need of refreshing.
The Monte Carlo is in the southern part of the Strip, the densely-packed, 3.5-mile-long stretch of hotel-casinos. New York, New York, home to the popular roller coaster, is directly to the south and Bellagio, with its famous, free fountain shows, is to the north. (But keep in mind that the Strip hotels are widely spaced, making for long walks.) The Showcase Mall is almost directly across the street.
Most Las Vegas visitors want to explore all of the big properties along the Strip. Cabs are easy to find at virtually any time of day or night. A generally less expensive option is the Deuce, a double-decker bus that runs up and down the strip 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and costs $3 to ride. There's also a monorail system, which stops at MGM Grand, Bally's/Paris, Flamingo/Caesars Palace, Harrah's/Imperial Palace, the Las Vegas Convention Center, the Hilton, and the Sahara. A single-ride ticket is $5; a one-day pass is $13. If you're traveling along the Strip with at least one other person, a cab is often the least expensive option.
Virtually every hotel on the Las Vegas Strip is a 10- to 15-minute cab ride from McCarran International Airport; the ride typically costs about $15.
Standard rooms have updated technology, but are a little unexciting for Vegas.
Standard rooms start at 400-square-foot, and are called Deluxe rooms. The hotel also offers three types of suites, and Hotel32 on the top floor has suites ranging from studios to two bedrooms, all outfitted with high-tech gadgets and luxe features. Rooms have contemporary decor without being as over-the-top as other Vegas hotels, using darker red and wood tones.
- There are pillow-top mattresses on the beds
- Work desks in each room
- 40-inch flat-screen TVs
- iHome docking station and clock
- Small bathrooms have Italian marble
- The toiletries are the hotel's brand.
- In-room Wi-Fi is available for a charge, but wired Internet and Wi-fi in public spaces is included in resort fees
The three pools include a wave pool, a lazy river pool -- both great for kids -- and the lagoon pool. There's also a hot tub. A small number of cabanas with flat-screen TVs can be rented. Food and drinks are available at the adjoining pool bar, and there is a DJ booth and sand volleyball court.
- The pool is open year-round, weather permitting
- Fitness center, which is included in resort fees.
- Access to the spa costs a daily fee. Guests can use all spa facilities.
- As with all MGM resorts, guests have access to the private Shadow Creek Golf Course, about a 20-minute drive from the Strip. The greens are only open to resort guests, and MGM offers a personal limo from the Strip and caddie service.
- Wi-Fi in public spaces and in-room wired Internet are free, but in-room Wi-Fi is available for a charge
- Blue Man Group are residents of the Monte Carlo since moving from the Venetian
The large casino could easily be confused with almost any other casino on the Strip. It has a sports book betting area, blackjack tables, high-limit room, and, of course, slot machines. Vegas newbies may appreciate the hotel's free craps lessons every day.
- Table games include blackjack, craps, roulette, Caribbean stud, Let It Ride, Crazy 4 Poker, Texas Hold 'Em, pai gow poker, big six, three-card poker, and baccarat.
- 1,600 slot and video-poker machines ranging from 1 cent to $100
- Poker room: Whether you're a beginner or a pro, tables are available at every ante.
- Race and sports book: horse racing, pro and college sports
- Players Club: can access complimentary or reduced rooms and free shows and dining. Details here: Players Club
- Meet the casino hosts here: casino hosts
Three pools will please the kids, but with no sharks, lions, or pirates, the Monte Carlo lacks a signature attraction that will wow them.
With the option to connect rooms and the kid-friendly lazy river pool, the Monte Carlo is a decent choice for families in search of affordable accommodations on the Strip. Cribs and rollaways cost a nightly fee, and the hotel staff can help arrange babysitting. The in-house food options include a food court with McDonald's, Sbarro's, and Subway.
The hotel lacks, however, the kind of over-the-top attraction -- like the pirate ship at Treasure Island, the shark reef at Mandalay Bay, or the volcano at the Mirage -- that can elevate a Vegas hotel from family friendly to family fantastic.
- Diablo's Cantina is popular among hotel guests and non-guests alike for its people-watching and reasonably priced Mexican food.
- Brand Steakhouse, which opens onto the casino floor, is part restaurant, part lounge, and the modern decor and seating areas lend it a cool feel.
- Andre's Restaurant is the most upscale restaurant at the hotel.
- Cafe serves sandwiches, soups, and salads
- Room service is available daily
Customers Who Viewed Monte Carlo Resort & Casino Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
According to Running USA, the number of folks who crossed the finish line during a marathon increased nearly 300 percent…
Las Vegas is wild year round, but it reaches its highest peak of crazy when the cesspools outdoor pools reopen…
Spring is the season for bachelor and bachelorette parties, when engaged couples celebrate their final days of freedom before their…
Now that Mexico's Jimena Navarrete has been crowned Miss Universe and the ladies (and pageant host Bret Michaels) have left…
As hotel mavens, we're constantly reading about travel deals, be it on Twitter, on blogs, or right in our email…
Things You Should Know About Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
Address3770 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109, United States
Also Known As
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Hotel
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews
- Monte Carlo Resort
- Deluxe Room
- Deluxe Room High Floor
- Deluxe Room Strip View
- Diamond Suite
- Monaco Suite
- Spa Suite