- Modern rooms with flat-screen TVs and iPod docks
- Location on Fremont Street, the main artery of Downtown Las Vegas
- First Vegas locations of Michigan favorites Andiamo Steakhouse and American Coney Island hot dogs
- D Grill is open 24 hours
- Contemporary casino on main floor and vintage casino games upstairs
- Pool and whirlpool; phone outside to order drinks
- The D Bar on Fremont Street has yard-long drinks, flair bartenders, and scantily clad waitresses
- The D Showroom with live entertainment
- Free parking
- No fitness center
- Small, unremarkable pool and no poolside food service
- Fee for Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Located 20 minutes from the airport, in the middle of downtown Vegas on Fremont Street, The D has a front-row seat to the Fremont Street Experience and offers ready access to a host of other casino destinations.
On Fremont Street in Las Vegas' older downtown section, The D is surrounded by more densely arranged, smaller hotels than are typically found on the Strip. The Golden Nugget, Binion's Horseshoe, and the Fremont Casino are all within walking distance. There is a kitschy charm to these brightly lit streets -- a slice of the Las Vegas of yesteryear. You can spot the neon cowboy, "Vegas Vic," waving howdy from over a gift shop. Though Downtown Las Vegas has a reputation for attracting a retiree-age crowd, Fremont Street also attracts its fair share of younger partiers. Low-minimum tables, nickel slots, and cheap eats like Golden Gate's 99-cent shrimp cocktail are also draws for those on a budget.
Generally, hotels toward the western end of Fremont Street offer immediate access to the Fremont Street Experience, a 90-foot-high canopy over the street that offers nightly light and sound shows. Carts selling jewelry, spray art, and customized casino chips sit on the pedestrian-only street. Between North First Street and Main Street on Fremont, large video displays advertise the services of strip clubs like Girls of Glitter Gulch.
- About a 20-minute, $25 cab ride from McCarran International Airport
- 10- to 15-minute drive to the casinos, performances, incredible restaurants, nightclubs, and designer shopping on the Strip (about $10 to $15 by taxi)
- Free on-site parking
- 15-minute drive to the Las Vegas Convention Center
Modern (if not luxurious) rooms with red, black, and white decor
Rooms were renovated in 2012 when hotel changed hands, and feature red walls, black accents (such as black leather furniture), and white duvets with red bed runners. Outdated details such as popcorn ceilings remain, but there are flat-screen TVs and iPod docks.
- 32-inch flat-screen TVs
- iPod docks
- Serta mattresses
- Generic bathrooms (except in suites) with shower/tub combos and Bath and Body Works toiletries
- Keurig coffeemakers
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- Rooms start at 300 square feet.
Rooms and Rates
Three bars and live shows
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||301 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada 89101, United States|
|Also Known As||