- Rooms not well insulated from noise
- Some rooms showing signs of wear and tear
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Boutique hotel crammed with lavish details that scream "over-the-top glam"
The Soho Sanctum is packed with luxe furnishings and extravagant details that make for an over-the-top, rock 'n' roll vibe. The lobby has a neo-Gothic feel that is vaguely reminiscent of a boudoir, complete with a black fringe lamp, shiny alligator-skin chairs, and a stained glass wall piece featuring various guitar legends and singers. The playfully ostentatious vibe extends to the guest rooms, which feature quirky details such as enormous circular beds, mirrored mosaic columns, and starry ceilings above the bath.
Even the staff have a touch of the rocker vibe, down to the maintenance guy clad in sleek black clothing and a designer belt. The staff are attentive and professional, however, leaving the rowdy attitudes to the crowds of rock star wannabees that frequent the rooftop bar.
On the west edge of Soho, just a five-minute walk from both Oxford Street and Piccadilly Circus
The hotel is within walking distance of many major tourist spots, including Piccadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, and Trafalgar Square. Such a central location, however, means that nearby streets are often crowded with tourists.
Soho is arguably one of the most entertaining areas of London, as this trendy neighborhood is home to the city’s red light district, gay quarter, fistfuls of independent dining, plenty of boutique shopping, a smattering of legendary record shops, and a ton of street-side cafés that make for great people watching. Expect to mingle with tourists, as well as the local hip and gay crowd.
- 1-minute walk to Carnaby Street
- 5-minute walk to Oxford Street shopping
- 5-minute walk to Piccadilly Circus and the theater district
- 10-minute walk to Green Park and Buckingham Palace
- 12-minute walk to Trafalgar Square
- 13-minute walk to West End shopping, including the swanky Selfridges department store
- 14-minute walk to Covent Garden
- 15-minute walk to the Embankment and South Bank
- 10-minute tube ride to Knightsbridge shopping district, including designer shops and the iconic Harrods department store
- 14-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 15-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate and Portobello Market
Extravagant furnishings and high-tech amenities create a decadent feel, though some rooms are tiny and feel a bit tacky
Each of the 30 rooms are individually designed with an emphasis on over-the-top luxury and funky glam accents that make for a decadent feel. The ostentatious decor may feel a bit tacky to some guests, though.
- High-tech amenities include free Wi-Fi, iPod docks, Wii video games, and flat-screen TVs with premium channels.
- Luxe details include REN toiletries, plush bathrobes, and king-size or circular beds.
- Crash Pads are tiny and best for single occupancy or short stopovers, though they do offer king-size beds.
- Deluxe Double rooms feature two different decor schemes. Some have an Art Deco vibe, complete with gold accents and sleek black bathrooms. Others offer delicate rococo furnishings in shades of dusty rose and ivory.
- Junior Suites scream "over-the-top glitz," with mirrored mosaic columns, silver quilted headboards, and shimmering curtains. Open-plan bathrooms are sectioned off by translucent fringe curtains and feature freestanding tubs sitting atop glowing glass floor panels.
- Upgrading to a Junior Deluxe suite gets you a separate living room and a huge circular bed. Textured rose walls and bronze accents make for a romantic vibe.
Rooms and Rates
Luxe amenities that evoke the rock 'n' roll lifestyle, including guitar and Harley Davidson rentals
Modern British cuisine served up in a glitzy dining room with a vintage feel
The enclosed rooftop bar serves cocktails 24 hours a day and has an adjacent open-air Jacuzzi and garden.
Supervised Kids Activities
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||20 Warwick Street, London W1B 5NF, United Kingdom|
|Phone||440 (207) 292-6100|