- Central location near Marble Arch station and Hyde Park
- Excellent restaurant with high-quality food and service standards
- Bold, sophisticated, contemporary design throughout
- Most bathrooms have soaking tubs with a TV
- Nespresso coffee machines, Internet radio, and iPod docks
- Free Wi-Fi and minibar soft drinks in all rooms
- Sky HD TV package with hundreds of channels
- Some rooms are small and may feel cramped
- No pool or spa
Emphasizing design and luxury without sacrificing quality or service, this 82-room boutique hotel’s bold sophistication, classy personality, and ample luxury amenities enable it to stand out from the masses. Beyond the overall sexy decor, some attention-grabbers include an excellent restaurant, free minibar drinks, and even soaking tubs with built-in TVs (in most rooms). It is a boutique property, though, so room square footage is definitely not on the spacious side, and there's no pool or spa on-site.
- Fitness Center
- Pets Allowed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Legend has it that when Dom Perignon first discovered champagne, he called out, “Come quickly, I am tasting the stars!” It’s hard to disagree with the Frenchman — a cool glass of bubbly can make even the most stoic person let loose a giggle or a smirk. And this is doubly true on New Year’s…
Oyster Hotel Review
The Arch London
A modest Georgian exterior belies a bold, provocative interior
From the outside, the seven Georgian townhouses and two mews homes that enclose The Arch London appear stately and traditional. The inside, however, is awash in handsomely modern sex appeal. The Arch's overall emphasis is on sophisticated design and luxury, paired with high-tech features (the flat-screen TVs wall-mounted in the bathtubs are a real treat). A glossy black-marble and black-leather-quilted front desk is equipped with large-screen iMac desktops and sits just opposite a blood-red-leather sofa and cobalt-blue wall piece. Throughout the rest of the public spaces (The Martini Library, restaurant, Champagne Lounge, and lounge areas) guests will find designer chic style at every turn -- original chairs custom designed by Tom Dixon, a graffiti ceiling featuring champagne quotes and tasting notes, tufted upholstery, and dazzling light fixtures.
But it's not just about sexy decor -- this ultra-chic hotel is also brimming with novel cultural concepts such as the re-imagined afternoon tea, which features sweets with edible print designs themed after the golden era of Broadway musicals. And throughout the hotel you'll find vibrant installations and art pieces commissioned by emerging British artists.
Just three minutes’ walk from Marble Arch tube station, bordering Marylebone and Mayfair
Aristocratic Marylebone is generally a wealthy residential area and has been home to some well-known stars, including Guy Ritchie and Madonna, Jimi Hendrix, Yoko Ono and John Lennon, and Noel Gallagher of Oasis. On a more scholarly level, other notable residents have included Charles Dickens, H.G. Wells, and the fictitious Sherlock Holmes.
Mayfair is a district brimming with hedge fund managers, embassy diplomats, and the local affluent -- interesting for understanding the local social hierarchy and, of course, for rubbing elbows.
- 33-minute drive to Heathrow Airport
- 5-minute walk to Hyde Park and Marble Arch monument
- 7-minute walk to West End shopping district including Selfridge’s
- 9-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate station and Portobello Market
- 12-minute bus ride to Hyde Park Corner station and Green Park including Buckingham Palace
- 14-minute bus ride to Knightsbridge station and Knightsbridge shopping district including designer shops and Harrod’s
- 15-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 15-minute tube ride to Piccadilly Circus station and theatre district
- 17-minute tube ride to Charing Cross station, Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, London ICA, Tate Modern, and the South Bank
- 18-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
Subtly provocative, sophisticated, and stylish, with luxury amenities
Rooms are no less provocative than the common spaces -- lush fabrics and bold patterns are paired with ebony wood furnishings. Each room is individually designed and features one of 10 different wallpaper and color schemes. All are stocked liberally with luxury amenities, such as Nestrpesso machines, tubs with TVs, and plush bathrobes.
- Free minibar soft drinks
- Sky HD TV package including sports programming
- Malin + Goetz designer toiletries
- Bathtubs with built-in TVs (with the exception of some Superior Rooms) and bath pillows
- Internet radio; iPod docks
- Nespresso coffee machines, Jing tea
- Plush terrycloth bathrobes
- US and EU adaptors
- Modern rain showers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Some rooms have a bidet
Bold and contemporary design, a modern European restaurant, and a martini library
Classy and contemporary, the Martini Library is a great spot to enjoy this hotel’s stylish take on English afternoon tea -- themed after the golden-age of Broadway, handmade sweets accompanying the tea feature intricate edible prints and images. Guest favorites include the Strawberry & Veuve Clicquot eclair and the William pear & blackstick blue cheese eclair.
In the heftier meals department, Hunter 486 takes its name from the 1950s district dialing code for Marylebone and mixes classic glamour and timeless hospitality for enjoyable dining. The menu features the finest locally grown produce and organic ingredients to savor at any time of day.
- Champagne Lounge is a trendy, sophisticated spot to enjoy a cocktail or glass of champagne
- Small fitness center with basic but modern equipment
- The Study is nice place to relax or hold a small business meeting
- Flexible event space for meetings, theater, or private dining
- Afternoon tea
- Free Wi-Fi
- View Full List of Amenities
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Supervised Kids Activities
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.