- Historic townhouses on a lovely, tree-lined street
- Excellent location near Hyde Park and Paddington station
- Cozy rooms with antique furniture and elegant four poster beds
- Luxurious limestone bathrooms with walk-in showers
- Free glass of champagne every evening
- Inviting common spaces, including a terrace garden and drawing rooms
- Classic style with modern amenities like flat-screen TVs and iPod docks
- Easy access to Heathrow Airport via Heathrow Express in Paddington Station
- No tea or coffee in rooms
- Some weak air-conditioning units
- Some complaints of noise between rooms
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A classic boutique hotel with lovely antiques and a garden terrace
The Royal Park Hotel -- located on a quiet, tree-lined street -- offers modest elegance with its classic decor and original oil paintings. The pristine-white, unadorned Georgian exterior is the quintessential architectural style of this area in London. Inside, an intimate lobby and reception area have a distinct collection of antiques that range from historic to eccentric to charming.
Common areas are where guests will find the relaxed scene here, from a cozy couch in one of the drawing rooms to the leafy outdoor garden terrace. This hotel is made up of 19th century townhouses that give guests a glimpse into their history. Days here start with a continental breakfast, and many guests choose to take advantage of a free glass of champagne every evening.
A five-minute walk from Paddington and Lancaster Gate tube stations, located north of Hyde Park
London is a sprawling city with many different neighborhoods and tube lines. Paddington station, located a 5-minute walk away from the Royal Park Hotel, has a direct connection to London's Heathrow Airport -- via the super-fast Heathrow Express -- making this hotel a very convenient choice both for reaching London from the airport and exploring the city upon arrival. The areas of Paddington and Lancaster Gate might not be the most famous areas for shopping, dining, or nightlife, but this wider West End section of London offers plenty of entertainment.
In addition to reaching any area of London on the tube with ease, there are also several attractions within walking distance. The hotel is a quick 3-minute walk to Hyde Park and a 15-minute walk to Kensington Gardens. Notting Hill Gate and the Portobello Market are also nearby.
- 3-minute walk to Hyde Park
- 15-minute walk to Kensington Gardens
- 8-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate and Portobello Market
- 9-minute tube ride to West End shopping district including Selfridge’s
- 16-minute tube ride to Picadilly Circus and theater district
- 16-minute tube ride to Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, London ICA, Tate Modern, and the Southbank
- 17-minute tube ride to Sloane Square shopping district and Saatchi Art Gallery
- 18-minute tube ride to Natural History Museum
- 18-minute tube ride to the Victoria and Albert Museum
- 19-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 22-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
- 23-minute tube ride to Knightsbridge shopping district including Harrods
- 23-minute tube ride to Buckingham Palace
Rooms evoke the comforts of home with classic antique decor and original oil paintings
Rooms are comfortable, tasteful, and modestly elegant, but some guests complain of the absence of tea and coffee. While the style is definitely historic and full of antiques, there are also many modern amenities such as free Wi-Fi, Penhaligon's toiletries, and luxurious limestone bathrooms. Some rooms have four-poster beds and all deliver the historic character of these 19th century townhouses.
- Original oil paintings
- Free Wi-Fi
- Penhaligon's toiletries
- Luxurious limestone bathrooms
- Executive double rooms offer a king size bed and more space
- Suites offer a separate living room and four-poster bed
Rooms and Rates
This boutique hotel offers some charming features that make it an attractive pick beyond the perfectly central location. During warm weather months, the breezy garden terrace is an appealing feature, offering a sunny spot to enjoy the free evening glass of champagne. There are also two cozy drawing rooms -- the blue room and the green room -- with couches and plenty of eccentric antiques and old books. There is also an honest bar stocked with a wide range of drinks.
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||3 Westbourne Terrace, Lancaster Gate, Hyde Park, London W2 3UL, United Kingdom|
|Phone||440 (207) 479-6601|