- Chic East End hotel with design mixing Edwardian and Art Deco styles
- A historic town hall building, complete with original architectural features
- Spacious, individually designed rooms and apartments with vintage furniture
- Modern conveniences include free Wi-Fi, iPod docks, and stocked kitchens
- Relaxing indoor pool and fitness center with contemporary machines
- Upscale restaurant with five- and seven-course menus
- Great value for a stylish and spacious room or apartment
- Location is isolated from top London attractions
- Some complaints about street noise
- Resident dog might affect guests with pet allergies
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Novel and quirky in an artsy neighborhood
With its original period features, art deco themes, and sleek modernism the Town Hall Hotel is a quirky blend of different era styles. Funky lobby pieces such as the giant Godzilla floodlight, ram’s antlers, and designer chair pieces simultaneously are juxtaposed against the granite-wrought central staircase, traditional marble pillars, and mahogany furnishings.
An impressive list of celebrity sightings and on-location filming has helped build Town Hall’s reputation. Hotel grounds have been graced by the likes of Guy Ritchie (during the filming of both Snatch and Lock Stock), Keira Knightley, Patrick Stewart, and Elijah Wood.
Accommodations here closer resemble pied-a-terres than hotel rooms. Even the studios are equipped with stocked kitchens, for guests who prefer to do some of their own cooking. Quirky touches include cozy sheepskin rugs and rubber ducks in the bathrooms. With an upscale restaurant, cocktail bar, and option for a private chef in the room, the Town Hall Hotel provides a stylish scene for an affordable price.
A five-minute walk from Bethnal Green tube station, in the heart of London’s artsy East End
The East End is a creative, artsy neighborhood in London. Independent art galleries, awesome street art (both famous and anonymous), vintage clothing markets, and hip eateries all contribute to the local bohemian vibe. While the location is slightly isolated from London's top central attractions, it is close to everything hip and trendy.
- 12-minute walk to Victoria Park
- 10-minute bus ride to Brick Lane
- 12-minute bus ride to Columbia Road Flower Market
- 13-minute bus ride to Shoreditch art galleries and nightlife
- 13-minute bus ride to Hackney
- 15-minute bus ride to White Cube Gallery
- 20-minute bus ride to Dalston
- 13-minute tube ride to St. Paul’s station and St. Paul’s Cathedral
- 18-minute tube ride to Tottenham Court Road station and Soho
- 19-minute tube ride to Liverpool Street station and Spitalfields Market
- 21-minute tube ride to Bond Street station and West End shopping
- 23-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
- 23-minute tube ride to the Tower of London and Tower Bridge
- 30-minute tube ride to Charing Cross station and Trafalgar Square
- 32-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey and Big Ben
Loft-style rooms are spacious, sleek, and sometimes quirky
Rooms, studios, and apartments are individually designed, with an emphasis on simplicity and understated luxury. The spontaneous combination of styles -- with sleek glass partitions, art deco themes, and classical Edwardian sculpting -- somehow all works together beautifully.
- All rooms have free Wi-Fi, iPod docks, and modern bathrooms. Robes and slippers are also provided.
- Double rooms are simple and comfortable with Musetti coffeemakers and luxury toiletries.
- Studio apartments have fully fitted kitchens and a spacious open plan layout. Individual touches such as sheepskin rugs and vintage furniture help make it feel more like a pied-a-terre than a hotel room.
- Apartments have high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows.
- The De Montfort Suite is the hotel’s flagship suite and comes with triple-height ceilings, floor to ceiling stained glass windows, Edwardian sculpting, contemporary and classical furniture, and an immaculate white bathroom partitioned by glass.
Rooms and Rates
Indoor pool and unusual, quirky features
The Town Hall Hotel features a beautiful indoor pool and small but modern fitness center. For those guests that are interested in the history of the building, there is a fully restored council chamber.
Multiple options for dining, including the upscale Typing Room
There are several dining and drinking options at the Town Hall Hotel.
- The Typing Room serves upscale European fare, with a five- and seven-course tasting menu available.
- The Corner Room is a neighborhood restaurant with striking light fixtures, serving European cuisine.
- The "Chef in the Room" option provides a private chef in the guest's room for the night.
- Peg + Patriot: swanky cocktail bar with industrial-chic decor.
- Room service available 24 hours a day.
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||8 Patriot Square, Bethnal Green, London E2 9NF, United Kingdom|
|Phone||440 (207) 871-0460|