- Great location across from the Santa Monica Pier
- Charming courtyard with outdoor heated pool and whirlpool
- Comfortable, modern rooms all have balconies and ocean or city views
- Green practices and Gold LEED-certified building
- Locally sourced Mexican cuisine and full bar at Blue Plate Taco
- Nice fitness center and meeting spaces
- Valet parking only for a fee
- No on-site spa (but in-room services available)
- Peek-a-boo/frosted showers may not be for everyone
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Laid-back beach hotel doesn't forfeit luxury for sustainablity
With a refined, modern aesthetic and bold, U-shaped design, the Shore Hotel expertly combines luxury and sustainability. The hotel finished construction in 2011, and by using recycled materials and energy-efficient technologies, successfully met the criteria for Gold LEED certification.
Within the U-shape walls is a charming courtyard with a heated pool and whirlpool; some guestrooms look out over the courtyard and toward the ocean from private balconies. The courtyard also offers plenty of poolside seating and an adjacent taco joint.
Excellent location right across from the beach and the Santa Monica Pier
The Shore Hotel has an excellent location for leisure travelers, right across Ocean Avenue from the beach and the Santa Monica Pier. Great shopping and dining is also nearby with the Third Street Promenade and Santa Monica Place Shopping Center just a short walk from the hotel. And though the Shore doesn't offer transportation, several public transit options are also within walking distance.
- 2-minute walk to the Santa Monica Place Shopping Center
- 4-minute walk to the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium
- 7-minute walk to Third Street Promenade
- 7-minute walk to the beach
- 7-minute drive to Venice Beach
- 8-minute walk to the Santa Monica Pier
- 11-minute drive to the Santa Monica Municipal Airport
- 20-minute drive to LAX
- 20-minute drive to the Staples Center
- 13-minute drive to Marina Del Rey
Contemporary rooms have balconies and great energy-efficient features
The hotel opened in 2011, so all 164 guestrooms -- 20 of them suites -- are thoroughly contemporary. They are decorated in beachy shades of blue and white, with light wood furniture and orange color accents. In keeping with the hotel's eco-friendly focus, they are furnished with sustainable materials and technologies (such as individual lighting and temperature controls that adjust when guests enter and leave the rooms).
Bathrooms are ultra-modern with a peek-a-boo shower wall that frosts (if you remember to push the button!) for privacy.
- Comfy beds have Egyptian cotton linens and pillow-top mattresses
- 37-inch flat-screen TVs with premium cable
- Free Wi-Fi
- iPod docks
- All rooms have private balconies.
- Ocean or city views
- Desk space with ergonomic chairs
- Aveda bath products
- Plush bathrobes
- In-room spa services available
Rooms and Rates
The one on-site restaurant is a locally sourced Mexican taco joint.
The hotel's only on-site restaurant option is Blue Plate Taco, which is independently owned. The restaurant serves Mexican cuisine and has a full bar, and is open daily for lunch and dinner. Blue Plate also has outdoor seating along the street and across from the beach.
The hotel has Gold LEED certification.
The Shore was built in 2011 with LEED certification in mind. The owners constructed the hotel from scratch, which allowed for the use of recycled materials and an eco-friendly design.
The U-shape of the building allows the hotel to maximize natural heating and lighting, as all rooms face westward toward the sun. In addition, about half of the materials used in the hotel's construction were recycled, and another fraction were locally sourced. All facilities and guestrooms in the hotel have a focus on local and organic ingredients, including the fitness center and restaurant.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||1515 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, California 90401, United States|