- Located in an impressive historic building with classical architecture
- Spacious, clean rooms with lots of natural light, and some with French balconies
- Big bathrooms, some with separate showers and tubs
- Rooms have flat-screen TVs, minibars, work desks, and free Wi-Fi
- Expansive breakfast buffet with hot items (not included in the nightly rate)
- Decent location within walking distance of shopping and nightlife
- King beds are two beds pushed together (typical of European hotels)
- No full restaurant
- No fitness center
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Solid value hotel that's convenient for both leisure and business travelers
This simple hotel, housed in a lovely historic building, has a great location for exploring local Madrid haunts, and is within easy reach of major sights via public transportation. Business travelers also appreciate the location, as well as the on-site meeting facilities. There aren't many places to congregate, and the lobby is small, but there is a coffee corner for grabbing a drink and having a conversation.
In the Bilboa neighborhood of the Chamberi district
The NH Embajada is located on a main street in the Bilbao neighborhood of the Chamberi district. There are plenty of restaurants and nightlife options in the immediate area, and a metro station is located within a block of the hotel.
Bilbao is a surprisingly pedestrian-friendly area flush with shops, cafes, bars, and clubs. A subtle and charming blend of corporate offices, residences, and nightlife make up the neighborhood. Low-key partying, dining, and convenient access to other areas of the city make it popular with young professionals and well-heeled couples.
- 19-minute drive to Madrid-Barajas Airport
- 6-minute subway ride to shopping on Gran Via
- 12-minute subway ride to Plaza de Oriente, home to the Royal Palace, the Royal Theater, and Sabatini Gardens
- 14-minute subway ride to La Latina, a nightlife hotspot
- 15-minute subway ride to Plaza de Castilla, the financial district
- 16-minute subway ride to Templo de Debod Park, with great views and an original Egyptian temple
- 17-minute subway ride to Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum
- 18-minute subway ride to Retiro Park, Madrid's most famous garden
- 19-minute subway ride to El Prado Museum
- 20-minute subway ride to Atocha train station
- 20-minute subway ride to Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor
- 20-minute subway ride to Reina Sofia Museum
Modern, light-filled rooms
Renovated in 2014, the rooms here may not be luxurious, but they are certainly clean and modern. Decor is focused on calming colors: Beds have blue bedrunners, furniture is generally white, and black-and-white photo prints hang on the walls. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, safes, minibars, and work desks. With large windows, all have plenty of natural light and bathrooms are sleek, featuring large marble countertops. King beds are two twin beds pushed together, which is typical of Madrid properties.
Rooms and Rates
Few on-site features, but the breakfast buffet is a highlight
The breakfast buffet is not included in the rates, but it is nonetheless a great feature considering its reasonable price and numerous hot and cold items on offer. Guests can grab free coffee all day long, and Wi-Fi is free throughout the hotel as well. Otherwise, there's not much else -- the hotel has no full restaurant nor fitness center, but there are several modern meeting rooms.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||Santa Engracia, 5, Alonso Martinez, Chamberi, Madrid, Community of Madrid 28010, Spain|
|Phone||3 (491) 594-0213|
|Also Known As||