- Peaceful, scenic up island location in Martha's Vineyard
- Variety of rooms and cottages with fireplaces and screen porches
- Free daily breakfast, free (spotty) Wi-Fi, and free parking
- Small, but bright fitness center with modern machines
- Situated on 14 acres with great views of Menemsha Harbor
- Cozy public spaces like the front porch with rocking chairs
- Near Lucy Vincent Beach, hotel provides parking and walk-on passes
- Beach towels, beach chairs, and umbrellas available; bikes for rent
- Minimum stay required during peak periods
- Some rooms show gentle wear and tear
- Inn has 14-day cancellation policy
- Some old tube TVs
- Located in a dry town (bring your own wine)
- Very bad cell phone service
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Relaxed up-island experience
The Menemsha Inn has been operating in this up-island Martha's Vineyard location since 1923. The peaceful inn is located on 14 acres of land and offers gorgeous views over the beautiful Menemsha Beach, home to a legendary sunset. This family-friendly inn has plenty of activities to entertain kids. While some rooms and cottages are showing gentle signs of wear and tear, the inn succeeds at providing a serene environment where guests can really relax. One highlight of the day at the Menemsha Inn is the daily continental breakfast served in a charming and sunny breakfast room.
Secluded spot in Martha's Vineyard with some of the area's best sunsets
Throughout Martha's Vineyard, Menemsha is known as the spot for unbelievable sunsets. While this daily attraction lures people from all over the islands, guests of the Menemsha Inn can enjoy it without leaving the property.
Martha's Vineyard is an island off the coast of Cape Cod in Massachusetts. Summer is the high season here, with the rest of the year being pretty peaceful. The island's largest town is Edgartown, and is popular for its shops, galleries, and restaurants. Other area highlights include Oak Bluffs, a town known for its adorable gingerbread cottages, or Vineyard Haven, home to more cute shops and galleries.
Reaching Martha's Vineyard can be accomplished by ferry or air. Ferries run out of Woods Hole, Falmouth, New Bedford, Hyannis and Quonset Point, Rhode Island. The ferry connects these destinations with either Oak Bluffs or Vineyard Haven. Airlines that operate service here include Cape Air, US Airways, and Jet Blue.
Once on the island, biking is a popular mode of transportation.
- 45-minute ferry ride from Woods Hole, MA to Oak Bluffs or Vineyard Haven, then a 30-minute or 25-minute drive from Oak Bluffs and Vineyard Haven, respectively
- Beach Plum Inn (sister inn with restaurant) is next door
- 5-minute drive to Chilmark
- 10-minute drive to Cronig’s Market in West Tishbury
- 15-minute drive to Aquinnah (Gay Head Cliffs and Lighthouse)
- 30-minute drive to Edgartown
Rustic, cozy rooms with fireplaces
The Menemsha Inn has a variety of room choices, from standard hotel-style rooms in the Tea House and Carriage House to suites and self-contained cottages. This variety is designed to meet different traveler's needs and budgets. All rooms and cottages are designed in a rustic, country theme with plenty of antiques, wicker furniture, and soft colors. Some rooms are starting to show gentle signs of wear and tear. There are also several vacation homes that are available for weekly rentals in the summer -- or nightly rentals during the spring and fall.
- Air conditioning
- Free (but spotty) Wi-Fi
- Greenwich Bay bath products
- Cable TV (some rooms have flat-screen TVs)
- Rooms in the Tea House have sun decks.
- Rooms in the Carriage House include a sun deck, mini-fridge, and flat-screen TV with DVD player.
- Some cottages/homes include fireplaces, outdoor shower, VCR/DVD players, barbecue grills, Jacuzzi tubs, washer/dryers, and dishwashers.
- Most rooms, suites, cottages, and homes have water views.
Rooms and Rates
A serene inn with plenty of activities
The Menemsha Inn offers a quiet, scenic location in up-island Martha's Vineyard. Guests that are looking for things to do will find plenty of activities and entertainment too.
- Tennis, basketball, ping pong, and fitness center
- Organized activities and classes (such as yoga)
- Bikes available to rent, and bike storage available for guests
- Beach towels, beach chair, and umbrellas available for guests
- Parking passes and walk-on passes for Lucy Vincent Beach
- Walk-on passes to Squibnocket Beach
- Cookies and lemonade served every afternoon in the lobby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free daily continental breakfast
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||12 Menemsha Inn Road, Menemsha, MA 02552|