Travel Guide of Key Biscayne, Miami for: The Ritz-Carlton Key BiscayneKey Biscayne, Miami, Florida
Key Biscayne Summary
- Beautiful two-mile Crandon Park Beach, named one of America's top beaches
- Fun family attractions like the Miami Seaquarium and the Biscayne Nature Center
- Crandon Tennis Center, home of the Sony Ericsson Open
- Crandon Golf Club, one of the top public courses in the U.S.
- Sunny beach weather most of the year, especially from March to June
What It's Like
A tranquil, seven-mile-long island easily accessed from the mainland across a scenic causeway, Key Biscayne is popular with families, golfers, tennis players, kitesurfers, and retirees. The Miami Seaquarium on the neighboring Virginia Key, numerous nature trails, the beautiful Crandon Park Beach, and the Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, with its historic lighthouse, make this a departure from the upbeat glitz throughout most of Miami. Golfers and tennis players enjoy top facilities at the Crandon Golf Club and the Crandon Tennis Center, home to the annual Sony Ericsson Open every spring.
Where to Stay
The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne is the only major hotel on Key Biscayne. It boasts impeccably kept grounds, huge pools, a brilliant spa, a world-class tennis center, a kids' club, and elegant (if generic) interiors. But while the larger island has beautiful beaches, the Ritz's small sliver of sand is covered in seaweed.