- Quaint rooms with warm tones and beautiful modern bathrooms
- Free Wi-Fi, and iPod docks in rooms
- European-style courtyard with a fountain and patio furniture
- Prime location near Carmel's shops, restaurants, and the beach
- Popular in-house restaurant
- In-room massage and spa treatments
- Free glass of sparkling white wine at check-in
Coming to a charming place like Carmel usually calls for a quaint inn experience, and the luxurious L'Auberge Carmel -- housed in a white stucco building dating to 1929 -- does not disappoint. Its 20 rooms have warm colors, high-quality bedding, and beautiful modern bathrooms with heated floors (some have deep soaking tubs). They do have some odd quirks, including small flat-screen TVs, and vaulted ceilings that run low in some spots, but for most guests, it just adds to the charm. The inn is built around an adorable brick courtyard, which helps create a homey European vibe, as do the green French shuttered windows with window planters. There aren't as many amenities as at a large chain, but there is free Wi-Fi, and the prime location makes walking to shops or restaurants in downtown Carmel easy.