- Heated pool and Jacuzzi shared with sister property
- In-room spa services
- Free breakfast and afternoon wine and hors d’oeuvres
- Secluded, relaxing location surrounded by golf course
- Spacious suites come with king bed, microwave, Jacuzzi and fireplace
- Communal fire pits throughout the property
- Small fee for Wi-Fi
- Tube TVs; no iPod docks or CD players
- Areas of the hotel feel worn and run down
- Few shopping and dining options in the immediate neighborhood
This 31-room hotel sits on the northwestern tip of Pacific Grove, right by the Municipal Golf Links and a two-minute drive from the ocean. It is somewhere between a cozy inn and an aging hotel, with large suites and studios that have few high-tech amenities (but very large tube TVs), working fireplaces, Jacuzzis and mini-kitchenettes with microwaves and mini-fridges, but no stovetops. There’s a (small) fee for Wi-Fi, but breakfast and a light dinner are included in the price of the room, and the hotel shares a heated pool with its sister property down the street. This is a convenient location for golfers, but if you want a sandy beach within walking distance of shops and restaurants, better stay closer to Monterey.
Hotel & Amenities Photos
- Pets Allowed
Oyster Hotel Review
Tucked in northern Pacific Grove, a quaint and peaceful town a 10-minute drive from Monterey
The Lighthouse Suites is located on the northwestern tip of Pacific Grove, a tiny town a short drive from Monterey, but a whole world apart. It has wonderful hiking trails along the fairly rugged coast, good restaurants and some beautiful homes, but don’t expect to find a hopping nightlife or lots of sandy beaches -- for that you’ll have to go 10 minutes east to Monterey.
There is not much to see in Pacific Grove other than the beautiful parks and open spaces, and the Point Pinos Lighthouse (located a short drive from the Lighthouse Suites), which is the oldest working lighthouse on the West Coast. There are also several great golf courses, most of which have ocean views.
- 1-hour-30-minute drive from San Jose International Airport
- 2-hour drive from San Francisco International Airport
- 1-minute drive to Pacific Grove Municipal Golf Links
- 2-minute drive to Point Pinos Lighthouse Reservation
- 3-minute drive to the Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History
- 4-minute drive to Lover’s Point Park, a great place to spot sea otters
- 6-minute drive to Monterey Bay Aquarium
- 10- to 15-minute drive to several golf courses in the Pebble Beach area
- 10-minute drive to Monterey
- 15-minute drive to Del Monte Shopping Center
- 17-minute drive to Carmel
- 36-minute drive to Carmel Valley
Hotel & Amenities Photos
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.