Travel Guide of Central Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach for: Hilton Garden Inn Myrtle Beach/Coastal Grand MallCentral Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Coastal South Carolina
- Many entertainment options, like Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum and the Family Kingdom Amusement Park
- Carnivals, concerts, and weekly summer fireworks on the boardwalk
- Diverse food selection, from typical American dishes to various international cuisine
- Miles of beaches, some of the most popular ones being in this area
- Ocean activities, like deep-sea fishing, kayaking, and jet skiing
- Nightlife options includes live music, karaoke, and dance clubs
- Congested area of Myrtle Beach
- Limited airport destinations from Myrtle Beach International Airport
What It's Like
Myrtle Beach's Downtown is the place to be in this seaside resort city, home to a bustling boardwalk, numerous all-American and international eateries, shops, and huge resorts.
This area also offers a number of water activities -- deep sea fishing, jet skiing, sunbathing, and those banana boat rides that will keep you from taking yourself too seriously. If you're looking for a relaxing, secluded getaway, don't book here. But if you're hoping for a busy, entertaining vacation for the family, Downtown is your spot.
Where To Stay
Waterfront rooms and resorts are the most sought after, and visitors hoping to stay ocean-side should probably book a room a good six months in advance for summertime stays. Visitors seeking a semi-quiet environment should look off of the boardwalk, moving west to less populated roads like Chester Street, and some of the numbered streets branching off of South Ocean Boulevard.