- Stunning property that is artistically landscaped
- Guest quarters are all spacious suites
- Lovely pool deck with lap pool (albeit tiny), shaded sun beds, and pretty mountain views
- Full-service spa offering luxe treatments, such as vinotherapy
- In-room massages available
- Free coffee, tea, and pastries available every morning
- All rooms have deep soaking tubs and private balconies
- Private outdoor showers and steam showers in some rooms
- Within walking distance of 10 wineries
- LEED Platinum certification for leadership in environmental design
- Restaurant uses ingredients from an on-site organic garden or sourced from local farmers
- Pets allowed (restrictions apply)
- High fee for pets
- Fitness center and lap pool are small
- No smoking of regular or electronic cigarettes anywhere on the property (a pro for some)
- Coffeemakers only available upon request
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Statement architecture and a high level of pampering
Low-slung roof lines and an interesting mix of brick, steel, reclaimed wood, and stone contribute to the industrial chic feel of the two-story hotel. Its edginess is softened somewhat by organic touches that include driftwood sculptures, tall grasses, and native trees. The lobby is furnished with high-end contemporary furniture in tones of cream, white, and taupe. The pampering begins with a free glass of wine at check-in; guests can continue to indulge during their stay with activities that include gourmet dining and spa treatments. Children are welcome here, but the atmosphere is more suited to grown-ups.
Within walking distance of vineyards and gourmet restaurants
Yountville is considered the culinary capital of the Napa Valley. Some of the best dining in Northern California is located in this small village. Make reservations well ahead of time for The French Laundry (3 Michelin stars), Bouchon, Étoile, and Redd. There are 10 wineries within walking distance but should you desire a ride, four hotel cars stand at the ready. Oakland, San Francisco International, and Sonoma County Airport are each within a one-to-two-hour drive of the hotel, depending on traffic.
Eco-chic, with private terraces and spa-like bathrooms
Rooms are filled with generous amounts of natural light and have many high-end extras: fireplaces; large, flat-screen TVs; Egyptian cotton Fili D'oro Linens; and private, furnished balconies or patios. Wired and wireless Internet access is free and iPod docking stations are provided. Coffeemakers are only available upon request, however. Each bathroom is outfitted with a separate, deep soaking tub placed in front of a large picture window. Upgrading to a Steam Spa-Suite gets you both an indoor dual shower-steam room and an outdoor shower. Accessible rooms have roll-in showers, wheelchair accessible doors, grab bars, shower benches, and portable hearing assistance devices.
Rooms and Rates
At Bardessono, the amenities add to the property's chic, indulgent ambience with a focus on sustainability. Lucy Restaurant and Bar offers field-to-fork cuisine, while the Spa Therapy Center features a full range of face and body treatments (from vinotherapy to Thai massage). The rooftop pool deck offers pretty mountain views, shaded sun beds, and a hot tub -- though the pool itself is a tiny lap pool. Free activities include yoga (limited amount of classes), cycling (with loaner bikes available for guests), and hiking. Adding to the "responsible luxury" theme, the Bardessono partners with Lexus to offer a three hour-test drive in a hybrid Lexus. Free local rides are also offered.
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||6526 Yount Street, Yountville, Napa Valley 94599, United States|