Yountville, Napa Valley Travel Guide
- One of the most walkable towns in the Valley
- Heaps of hotels, from cozy inns to high-end boutiques
- Awesome restaurants, such as world-famous French Laundry
- A short drive from the Silverado Trail
- Great shopping
- Close to excellent wineries
- Crowds in the peak season
- Little to no nightlife
What It's Like
Yountville is convenient base to explore the Napa Valley. There are many hotels, from quaint little inns to upscale boutiques, and it is the best place in the area if you want to treat yourself to a feast -- Yountville has some of the best fine dining in the Valley, with restaurants such as the world-renowned French Laundry and Redd.
There are few sights in the town, but you might want to spend an afternoon exploring the Napa Valley Museum or the V Marketplace, where you will find shops and art galleries.
Where To Stay
Most of the action takes place along Washington St., so you might want to consider staying between Champagne St. and Yountville Cross Rd. This will also offer easy access to St. Helena Highway/Hwy 29, which connects the main towns in Napa Valley.