- Sleek bar and lounge open until midnight, with a large outdoor terrace
- Modern rooms have comfortable beds, large flat-screen TVs, and just the right amount of flair
- BLT Bar & Grill serves three meals a day and is open until 1 a.m. for drinks
- Unfettered views of the Freedom Tower from most common spaces and some rooms
- Right next to Ground Zero and the entrance to the 9/11 Memorial
- 24-hour room service from BLT Bar & Grill
- 24-hour fitness center with views of the Freedom Tower
- Meeting rooms and small business center available
- Free daily newspaper delivery, plus free coffee and tea in the lobby each morning
- Free drop-offs in an Acura SUV (book 24 hours in advance if possible)
- Fee for Wi-Fi in rooms (though it's free in the lobby)
- No spa
- No bathtubs in any rooms
- Location in the Financial District is removed from a lot of Manhattan's action
- Not all rooms have attractive views
- No coffeemakers in rooms (the hotel can bring you one for free upon request)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
This hotel overlooks Ground Zero and is right next to the entrance for the 9/11 Memorial in the heart of the Financial Distrct.
For some, the proximity to the Financial District's businesses and tourist attractions, plus the proximity to the Hudson River promenade, make this hotel's location an appealing alternative to the bustle of midtown. For others, the throngs of tourists at the 9/11 Memorial and the distance from other popular areas (Times Square, the West Village, Central Park -- to name just a few) make this neighborhood less than ideal.
The Financial District is not the place to look for bustling nightlife. There are a handful of well-known upscale restaurants, including Delmonico's and Cipriani's on Wall Street, and luckily the restaurant-, bar-, and shop-filled TriBeCa is a short walk north.
The area is quiet and fairly empty at night, but generally safe.
Transportation from the hotel is easy: The N, R, and 1 subway lines are less than four blocks away, and the J and E lines are just a bit further.
- Entrance to the 9/11 Memorial is steps from the hotel's front door
- 5-minute walk to Trinity Church
- 6-minute walk to Wall Street (and a few steps further to the NYSE)
- 6-minute walk to the Hudson River Greenway (an 11-mile pedestrian route for walking, running, rollerblading, or biking)
- 7-minute walk to Battery Park
- 9-minute walk to the Freedom Tower
- 14-minute walk to the ferries to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- 12 minutes by subway to the West Village
- 13 minutes by subway to Union Square
- 17 minutes by subway and walking to Washington Square Park
- 22 minutes by subway to Times Square
- 25 minutes by subway to Columbus Circle and Central Park
Rooms and Rates
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
|Address||8 Albany Street, New York City, New York 10006, United States|