- Breathtaking views
- Elegant rooms, all renovated in 2015
- Acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa
- Michael Mina's much-praised Stonehill Tavern
- Huge fitness center
- Stunning pool area
- Constructed in harmony with the Orange County nature
- Fabulous rotating Sunday brunch
- Pet- and family-friendly
- Free Wi-Fi
- Not directly on the beach
- Daily resort fee
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Beautiful views, but not directly on the beach
Monarch Beach Resort combines Tuscan-style architecture with a beautiful natural setting. Its location atop a steep cliff offers astounding views of the Pacific Ocean, but it's a seven-minute drive (or ride on the free hotel tram) to get to the beach.
Mid-way between San Diego and Los Angeles, the Monarch Beach Resort offers a quiet and relaxing location overlooking the sea.
The sprawling grounds of the Monarch Beach Resort are located between Los Angeles and San Diego, far from the big towns but with easy access by car to the main attractions in this part of Southern California. The 10- to 15-minute drive on the Pacific Coast Highway to Laguna Beach offers breathtaking views of the steep cliffs and the sea.
- Seven-minute drive to the Dana Point Harbor - Catalina Island ferry
- Seven-minute drive to Dana Point whale watching
- 12-minute drive to The Mission San Juan Capistrano
- 13-minute drive to San Juan Capistrano Amtrak station
- 15-minute drive to Laguna Art Museum
- Three shopping malls under a 35-minute drive: Fashion Island; Irvine Spectrum; and South Coast Plaza
- 42-minute drive to Legoland California
- 45-minute drive to Disneyland Resort
- 75-minute drive to San Diego Zoo
- 90-minute drive to LAX
- 90-minute drive to San Diego International Airport
- 90-minute drive to Universal Studios
Spacious, luxurious rooms with resort or ocean views
The rooms at Monarch Beach Resort are spacious and elegant, full of natural sunlight, and were all renovated in the summer of 2015. Superior and Deluxe rooms are 535 square feet, with one king or two queen beds, while Grande Deluxe rooms are up to 792 square feet, and feature a king bed and separate living area. All rooms include a private balcony, marble bathrooms with separate tubs and showers, 55-inch flat-screen TVs, and beds with goose-down comforters. Butler service is available to guests staying in suites.
- Suites: 935-991 square feet; separate living area; pull-out sofa; guest bath; king bed; master bathroom with tub and separate two-person shower
- Royal and Monarch suites: 1,466 square feet; king bed; whirlpool and a two-person shower; separate living area with a fireplace; a guest half bathroom; a wet bar and pantry; and a dining area that seats 10
- Presidential suites: 3,100 square feet; living room with a piano and a fireplace; a dining room with seating for ten people; a guest bathroom; a full-size bar and pantry; a master bedroom with a flat-screen TVs that rises from the foot of the bed; a master bath with whirlpool and steam shower; and a connecting guestroom with a king bed and full marble bathroom
Rooms and Rates
A fabulous spa, a huge fitness center and a private beach club
- Monarch Bay Club: This private beach club is located directly on the beach, located seven minutes from the property by the hotel’s tram or by car. The restaurant serves char-grilled meats and seafood daily for lunch and dinner. It is also open on Saturdays for breakfast, and on Sundays for brunch.
- Swimming pools: The main swimming pool and the lagoon pool both have stunning views of the ocean. Guests who get spa treatments also have access to the spa’s three-lane lap pool. Cabanas are available for rent at the main pool.
- The renowned Miraval Life in Balance Spa features 24 treatment rooms, four spa suites, a Drybar and a Deborah Lippmann nail salon, as well as a eucalyptus steam room; a sauna; a three-lane lap pool; a tranquility lounge and Miraval Spa Cafe
- Large fitness center with private yoga and Pilates classes available upon request
- Eight tennis courts equipped with ball machines; private lessons available
- The Sandcastle Club for kids 5 to 12 years old offers half and full-day activities such as surf and tennis lessons, and group entertainment.
- On-site 18-hole golf course with beautiful views of the ocean
- 30,000 square feet of indoor meeting space feature plasma TVs, video-conference technology, projection capabilities, integrated sound systems, and remote-controlled AVs.
Excellent American fare from Michael Mina and a renowned Sunday brunch
- Club 19 Restaurant and Clubhouse: Breakfast and lunch American eatery overlooking the golf course
- Stonehill Tavern: Acclaimed chef Michael Mina's modern American cuisine
- 33° North: Local cuisine in a living-room-like setting
- AVEO Table + Bar: Farm-to-table Mediterranean concept restaurant
- Part & Parcel Market: Coffee shop and bakery
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||1 Monarch Beach Resort, Dana Point, California 92629-4085, United States|
|Also Known As||