- Directly on the beach
- Impeccable grounds
- Beautiful pool and pool deck
- Excellent spa
- Breathtaking views from all rooms
- No resort fee
- Internet costs $15.95 (for up to seven days)
- The lap pool can only be used by the spa customers
- Small rooms compared to nearby luxury hotels
- $30/day for parking
With beautiful grounds, an elegant spa, and modern rooms (all of which have stunning views of the ocean), this hotel is possibly the most serene and relaxing in Orange County, California. It's perched directly above the beach, and the building's "U" shape allows for breathtaking views from the lobby and all pools, restaurants, and guest rooms.
Hotel & Amenities Photos
- Fitness Center
- Kids Club
- Pets Allowed
This Hotel Also Featured In
With an 840-mile-long coastline, California is packed with beautiful beaches. And while we love big metropolises like Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco, we have a soft spot for charming, smaller towns. If you’re looking for the most adorable destinations to get your California beach fix, look no further. Here are the nine cutest…
Fall might not seem like prime beach-going time, but there’s more to the sea than just sunbathing. Seaside towns around the world are at their best during the season, when summer’s crowds have subsided, the weather is usually mild, and activities (marathons! whales! surfing!) are abundant. Check out our list below and plan your fall…
When spring and summer roll around, diners and drinkers around the world love to indulge outdoors. (And if you’re in a destination that enjoys temperate climes year-round, you can even do so in the winter!) Since we’re big fans of hotels, we’ve taken a look at properties across the United States, from cities to the…
You know the feeling: You have your towel, beach chair, and sunglasses in tow, ready for a relaxing beach vacation, when you’re met with hordes of tourists looking to do the same. While some spots are worth braving crowds for, we’re often looking to get some peace and quiet, where we can listen to the…
We’ve all dreamed about where we’d vacation if money was no object. Would we opt for a luxurious Aspen ski break? How about a private Caribbean island? Or perhaps we’d splurge on rustic European glamour? For some, this dream is a reality. When it comes to traveling, billionaires can live out their wildest vacation fantasies.…
California’s sandy beaches, towering redwoods, rolling hills, world-renowned wineries and rugged coastal cliffs make it one of the most scenic –and romantic — destinations anywhere. And many of its hotels and resorts were designed with couples in mind, capitalizing on lovely views and tranquil atmospheres. Our top picks are truly special, intimate retreats with one-of-a-kind…
Couples take note: It’s not necessary to leave the country to experience some of the world’s most romantic hotels. We love exotic locales, but those looking for something closer to home can find some truly decadent escapes right in our own backyard. Our five favorite picks all have lovely waterfront settings on oceans, waterfalls, or…
The Best Road Trips is a weekly summer series highlighting our favorite getaways from major cities all over the United States. Los Angeles is awesome whichever way you look at it. Despite its reputation of having few attractions for tourists and huge distances to cover to get to any of them, L.A. has plenty to…
Oyster Hotel Review
Montage Laguna Beach
The Montage boasts a prime location, beautiful grounds, and a full-service spa.
Of the hotels in Southern California's beautiful Orange County, the Montage Laguna Beach is one of the most impressive, with stunning grounds and a great perch upon a bluff that sits directly on the beach, overlooking the ocean. And the location isn't half bad either: The hotel is close to Orange County's local attractions, yet far enough away from the big cities to provide real serenity to those looking to get away.
Upon entering the hotel's lobby, a beautiful ocean vista greets guests through floor-to-ceiling windows. Just beyond the lobby, a sitting area furnished with classic but simple decor has some of the most breathtaking views in the hotel, with the sea and the beautiful pool area as a backdrop. But this isn't the only place from which to enjoy the amazing view: The "U" shape of the building guarantees excellent views from all guest rooms and restaurants as well.
A short drive to Laguna Beach, home to art galleries and small shops.
Perched on an oceanfront bluff, the Montage Laguna Beach hotel is mid-way between Los Angeles and San Diego, and only a short drive from downtown Laguna Beach, home to shops, restaurants and many art and musical events throughout the year.
- 10-minute drive to Monarch Beach Golf Links (18 holes)
- 15-minute drive to Pelican Hill Golf Club (36 holes)
- 40-minute drive to Disneyland
- 1-hour drive to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- 75-minute drive to San Diego International Airport
- 75-minute drive to Sea World San Diego
- 75-minute drive to Universal Studios Hollywood
Clean and simple rooms overlooking the ocean and the beautiful pool.
The 250 modern rooms at the Montage Laguna Beach range in size from 500 to 2,800 square feet. They are clean and comfortable, but without the over-elaborate decor of other luxury hotels. The layout of the building gives every room beautiful views of the ocean. Larger groups or families can request adjoining rooms, each with two queen beds. All the standard guest rooms have a private balcony or patio and the hotel’s 60 suites each have a separate living area.
All rooms include:
- A marble bathroom with tub and separate shower
- Safe big enough for a laptop
- Three multi-lined phones with voicemail
- Computer and fax hookups, and a network data port
- 32-inch flat-screen TV with DVD player
- Iron and ironing board
- Wi-Fi ($15.95 for one to seven days).
The hotel also offers baby-proof rooms and pet-friendly rooms (with a $150 fee) upon request.
- Ocean Horizon rooms: 500 square feet. King or two queen beds. Garden view and partial views of the ocean.
- Ocean Coastal rooms: 500 square feet. King or two queen beds. Views of the ocean and the tidal pools.
- Ocean Surf rooms: 500 square feet. King or two queen beds. Views of the beaches.
- Ocean Horizon suites: More than 1,000 square feet. King and a pull-out queen bed in the separate living area. Garden and partial ocean views.
- Ocean Coastal suites: More than 1,000 square feet. King and a pull-out queen bed. Ocean views.
- Ocean Surf Suites: More than 1,000 square feet. King and pull-out queen bed. Walk-in closet. Views of Aliso or Victoria beaches and of the resort.
- Aliso Suite: 1,200 square feet. Walk-in closet and sitting area in the bedroom. Living room with a fireplace.
- Sunset Suite: 1,400 square feet. King or two queen beds. Sitting area; fireplace; dining area; patio. Ocean view.
- Catalina Suite: It is the hotel’s largest suite, with 2,800 square feet. Two bedrooms with king beds; three full bathrooms and one half-bath; a two-sided fireplace; a dining area with seating for eight people; a kitchen; a dressing area with a dry vanity; and floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open to a 700-square-foot balcony.
- Beach bungalow-style rooms: One-bedroom suites located south of the main pool in a separate unit. Fireplace in the living area, which is separated from the bedroom by French doors. Standard deluxe bungalows with two queen beds are available. Views of Aliso Beach.
Two swimming pools, an excellent spa and a fitness center with a view.
- The infinity-edge pool and the children’s pool look over the beach and offer stunning views of the ocean and the small islands scattered off the coast.
- The beautiful Spa Montage features 21 treatment rooms, steam and sauna areas, a whirlpool, a cold plunge, and a lap pool. Treatments include: anti-aging, water and bath therapies, massages, wraps, and scrubs. The spa also offers wellness classes. A 1,000-square-foot on-site garden provides fresh herbs used in treatments. Open daily 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The supervised and full-service 24-hour business center has 14,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including two ballrooms and three meeting rooms with audio-visual services and a 24-hour concierge. Guests have access to computers, printers and fax machines for a fee.
- Poolside cabanas for rent
- Children and teen programs: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. $20/hour for kids two to five years old, and $60 to $90 for children ages five to twelve. Activities include dramatic play, crafts, games, sports, movies and painting lessons.
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-proof and pet-friendly rooms upon request
- 24-hour fitness center with beautiful views of the ocean
- Babysitting services available around the clock for a fee
- 6-7 minute walk to the beach.
All-Inclusive / Food
A fine dining restaurant, a poolside grill and an all-day dining option.
The hotel features three on-site dining options:
- Studio: Michelin-starred chef Craig Strong serves seafood, meats and cheeses prepared with local and seasonal ingredients. A 1,000-square-foot on-site garden provides fresh ingredients for dishes and cocktails. Open for dinner only, Tuesday through Sunday.
- The Loft has breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (6 a.m. to 10 p.m.). It serves American classics, salads, rare artisan cheeses, and spirits.
- Mosaic Bar & Grille offers poolside dining daily 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Montage also offers several private dining options, like The Boardroom (seating for 14 guests) and a private area within each restaurant.
Hotel & Amenities Photos
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Beauty / Hair Salon
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Poolside Drink Service
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
Supervised Kids Activities
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.