- Bathrooms are small
- No free breakfast
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A popular mid-range property with great rates and an impressive pool
The 119-room, family-friendly 3 Palms fills to near capacity year-round, which is saying something in this land of 110-degree summers. The low rates are very attractive, especially in summer, but it’s the amenities and customer service that draw people back. There aren’t any hidden fees for Wi-Fi or parking, the pool is inviting and spacious, and the staff is cheerful and attentive. Add a location only five minutes from downtown Scottsdale, and it’s easy to see why the 3 Palms is so popular.
A five-minute drive to downtown Scottsdale
The 3 Palms is two miles from Old Town Scottsdale in a business district on the busy artery of McDowell Road. El Dorado Park, an extensive city park with walkways, Frisbee golf course, and lakes, is across the street. A grocery store is within walking distance.
- 5-minute drive to hot nightclubs like Axis-Radius
- 10-minute drive to the Scottsdale Center for the Arts
- 10-minute drive to Old Town Scottsdale
- 10-minute drive to Scottsdale Stadium for Giants spring training baseball games
- 15-minute drive to Fashion Square shopping mall and Scottsdale Waterfront
- 15-minute drive to Echo Canyon Park, a popular hiking trail
- 20-minute drive to Sky Harbor International Airport
- 30-minute drive to Scottsdale Airport
The rooms here aren't luxurious, but they're are tastefully decorated with granite surfaces, dark wood furniture, and a color scheme of orange, purple, and gray. Beds are a cut above in terms of comfort, with 400-thread-count sheets and down comforters. All rooms have mini-fridges and microwaves, making it possible to save money on food. If it weren’t for the small bathrooms, there would be little to complain about.
All rooms include:
- Comfortable beds with 400-thread-count sheets and down comforters
- Premium cable and DVD player
- 42-inch flat-screen HDTVs with surround sound
- CD stereo with MP3 player connection and subwoofer
- Free Wi-Fi and data port
- Digital safe big enough for laptops
- Full-length mirror
- Work desk with cordless phone
- In-room AC unit
- Iron and ironing board
- Deluxe Queen: Queen bed; shower/tub combo; wheelchair accessible unit available
- Deluxe King: King bed; shower/tub combo; wheelchair accessible unit available
- Deluxe King Whirlpool: King bed; in-room jetted Jacuzzi tub for two
Rooms and Rates
A restaurant featuring coastal cuisine
- The Avalon Restaurant serves coastal cuisine and American dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Hours are 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Menu items include the five-spice crusted Hawaiian Ahi ($28). Entrees range from $21 to $34.
- Room service available 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Many dining options are available nearby in Old Town Scottsdale
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||7707 East Mcdowell Rd, Scottsdale, Central Arizona 85257, United States|