Miramar, Puerto Rico Travel Guide
- Super low-key and laid back; provides a nice getaway from touristy Old San Juan
- Beautiful architecture and neighborhoods
- Home to the Puerto Rico Convention Center
- A few decent and affordable restaurants in the area
- Beautiful green space at Paseo de las Fuentes
- Sailing opportunities at Club Náutico de San Juan
- Lack of nightlife and entertainment
- Minimal number of restaurants available
- Not many lodging options to choose from
What It's Like
Miramar, more residential than other travel destinations in Puerto Rico, feels a bit far from popular tourist attractions, shops, and restaurants -- but it is just within walking distance of Condado Beach. Whereas many visitors of San Juan opt to stay on the beach or in historic Old San Juan, Miramar attracts more business travelers, thanks to its proximity to the Puerto Rico Convention Center. This area boasts upscale, beautiful neighborhoods filled with Spanish-style homes. Although there aren't too many dining options, the restaurants in the area are often decent and affordable.
Where to Stay
Business travelers will probably want to stay near the Puerto Rico Convention Center. Miramar is also a kid-friendly destination, and families may want to stay near the waterfront's Club Náutico de San Juan, which offers sailing lessons for all ages.