- Carpets in common areas smell musty
- Rooms feel bare and worn
- No beach on-site
- Can be loud from all the kids and families
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
On the Puerto Rico's west coast, Mayaguez offers a more laid-back pace than San Juan, with decent beaches and several low-key tourist attractions.
The resort is located on the western coast of the country, about a mile from the beach, and a 10- to 15-minute drive to various restaurants and attractions. Mayaguez is home to the University of Puerto Rico, which greatly contributes to the surrounding's culture and environment.
The area gets some of the craziest weather on the island -- tornadoes, floods, and even hail can occur during the summer months. Two highways link the city with the rest of the island, and you'll probably need a rental car if you're staying in the area, especially because the only form of public transportation is a single trolley service.
- 40-minute drive to Rafael Hernandez Airport
- 5-minute drive to beaches
- 5-minute drive to University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez
- 5-minute drive to Mayaguez Memorial
- 10-minute drive to Mayaguez Zoo
Rooms and Rates
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Route 104, Km 0.3 , Mayaguez 00680, Caribbean|