- Beach has strong currents and is usually packed with vendors
- Shakti Spa is small, with just a few treatment rooms
- Jacuzzi is only open to spa clients
- No fitness center
Oyster Hotel Panoramas
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Urban hotel with a beachfront location and resort vibe
Just north of downtown Vallarta on the beach, the contemporary-style Buenaventura has it both ways. Location-wise, it’s an urban hotel -- but a resort vibe pervades the property, with its pretty gardens and pools, open-air lobby under a high, peaked ceiling, and wonderful ocean views from most guest rooms. It's a great choice for those seeking a beachfront resort hotel with a lively city in its backyard.
A resort in the city is a bit unusual for Puerto Vallarta—the vast majority of the larger all-inclusives are well out of town in Marina Vallarta or Nuevo Vallarta. One reason for this is there is little beachfront in Puerto Vallarta proper. There is Playa Los Muertos, in Old Town, and Playa Camarones, just north of town, which is where the Buenaventura can be found. The beach is not pristine and has a strong current. Also, the vendors who line its shores somewhat aggressively hawk their wares.
Oceanfront location just north of downtown, walking distance from nightlife scene
The Northern Hotel Zone of Puerto Vallarta actually begins north of here, but there are a couple of nice hotels tucked into this little stretch of beach called Playa Camarones. The city basically starts right here—by the time you turn off to the Buenaventura, you’re driving on cobblestoned city streets.
Puerto Vallarta is one of Mexico's most picturesque beach destinations, with historic white-washed buildings, and cerulean seas set against a rugged mountain skyline. The massive Banderas Bay alone offers over 25 miles of seashore. With all this ocean comes a variety of water sports, like scuba diving with manta rays off Islas Marietas, boating around Los Arcos' reefs, and parasailing off of the popular Playa Los Muertos.
Other popular daytime activities include shopping -- not just the annoying beach vendor kind -- at Puerto Vallarta's mazelike markets. One of the best, Rio Cuale Flea Market, has multiple vendors selling wood carvings, handmade jewelry, and glass and beadwork (among many other items). But be prepared to haggle down those prices!
Puerto Vallarta stays awake when the sun dips below the horizon. Steamy salsa clubs light up the streets, and rowdy local bars supply a steady stream of cerveza for the thirsty traveler. Downtown Puerto Vallarta is the most happening and diverse area.
- 15-minute drive from Licenciado Diaz Ordaz International Airport
- 5-minute walk to downtown
- 10-15 minute walk or 5-minute drive to Old Town
- 20-minute drive to Marina Vallarta, which has shops, restaurants, and a golf course
- 25-minute drive to Nuevo Vallarta, upscale "suburbs" of Puerto Vallarta
Rooms are decorated in contemporary style, with natural wood finishes and colorful accents set against pale floors and walls. High-tech amenities include free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs with premium channels.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Flat-screen TVs with premium channels
- Some rooms have balconies with full or partial ocean views.
- Honeymoon Suites have Jacuzzis, king-size beds with canopies, and ocean-view balconies guaranteed.
- Junior Suites add kitchenettes and living room areas, along with Jacuzzis and ocean-view balconies
Rooms and Rates
Two restaurants and several bars, plus an all-inclusive option
With dozens of other dining and drinking options nearby, this hotel offers a fine selection of restaurants and bars. There are two restaurants and a pleasant lobby bar, a poolside bar, and a beach club bar. All-inclusive meal plans are available.
- Frutas y Flores offers a daily breakfast buffet and themed dinners.
- Sunset Beach has a light menu and lunch hours.
- Sunset Restaurant, in the same location as Sunset Beach, features an a la carte grill and seafood menu.
- Rodisso is located inside Frutas y Flores and offers a grilled meat specialty menu in the evenings; reservations required.
- Miramar, upstairs from Frutas y Flores, has a private dining terrace, and is available for special events; reservations required.
- 24-hour room service
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Avenida Mexico 1301, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 48350, Mexico|