- Private beach with great ocean swimming
- All guest rooms have balconies with hammocks and ocean views
- Gourmet restaurant with wine cellar and tequila tasting room
- Free-form infinity pool is beautifully designed with rock formations
- Guest rooms and suites are stylish and spacious
- Hamara Spa offers many treatment options in serene setting
- A bit out of town on a winding, potholed road
- Wi-Fi in lobby only, wired Internet in guest rooms
- Close to busy road in back
- Construction sites on hills behind hotel
- Best Luxury Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
- Best Beach Hotels in Mexico
- Best Beach Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
- Most Romantic Hotels in Mexico
- Most Romantic Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
- Best Boutique Hotels in Mexico
- Best Boutique Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
- Best Hotels for Destination Weddings in Puerto Vallarta
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
This beachfront luxury resort feels remote, but it's a 10-minute drive from downtown Puerto Vallarta
From the multi-hued, polished stone finishes of the daylight-saturated atrium lobby to the gorgeous infinity pool with its rock formations and fountains, this 73-unit resort feels like a posh cradle of contemporary oceanfront luxury. From the hotel windows, the beach and sea feel close enough to touch, as does the jungle draped densely on the hills behind the resort. Striking views abound, even from the windows of the small fitness center.
The pool and adjacent restaurant and bar areas overlook two hundred yards of sandy beach, with waters calm enough for great swimming, snorkeling, and stand-up paddleboarding. For additional snorkeling, the enchanting Los Arcos diving rocks are a 20-minute paddle down the beach. Hammocks, lounge chairs, and cabanas dot the shore, providing plenty of spots to rest and soak up the ocean views. For additional relaxation, the Hamara Spa offers a diverse array of treatments and therapies in a serene setting with Buddhist-inspired decor.
The property includes a large piece of land -- the preserve --on the jungle-draped mountain behind the hotel and across the highway. Up there, the hotel has plans to build seven towers that will add 200 or more guest rooms and suites, to be marketed as condos and hotel rooms. The first of the seven towers was opened in fall 2012, featuring 24 rooms and 2 penthouse suites, a mountain-top pool, and a restaurant, BocaDos STK.
Oceanfront location overlooking a private beach
A couple of miles south of downtown Puerto Vallarta on the winding road to Manzanillo, the hotel is positioned between the road and the ocean, with its own private stretch of beach. It feels remote, but downtown is just a 10-minute taxi ride away.
- 35- to 40-minute drive from Licenciado Diaz Ordaz International Airport ($40 by hotel VIP service, $25 by taxi)
- 10-minute drive to downtown
Luxurious rooms with ocean-view balconies -- but only wired Internet
A luxe, contemporary style pervades the 73 guest rooms and suites, which feature travertine tile floors, modern hardwood furnishings, throw rugs, and granite finishes. The brown and beige color scheme is punched up by jewel-toned draperies, pillows, and artwork. All rooms and suites feature balconies with beautiful ocean views, as well as lavish touches like walk-in closets, pillow menus, and flat-screen TVs. This luxe styling carries over to the Panorama Tower, opened in 2012, which is the first of seven towers built on the preserve in the hills behind the original building. These 24 rooms and two suites start at 985 square feet and feature an earthy color palate punctuated with lime greens and bright reds. Marble bathrooms have whirlpool tubs and double sinks.
- No Wi-Fi, only wired Internet
- Balconies with hammocks and striking ocean views
- Upgrading to a suite gets you at least twice as much space, and a separate Jacuzzi tub.
- The One-Bedroom Suite offers 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, living room, and two flat-screen TVs
- The Two-Bedroom Suite features a sofa bed in living room area, full kitchen, three bathrooms, Jacuzzi tubs.
- Upgrading to a Three-Bedroom Suite gets you another bedroom with king-size bed, a fourth bathroom, and an outdoor Jacuzzi.
- Upgrading to a Penthouse does not guarantee you a top floor, but does get you a corner suite with multiple ocean views, three bedrooms with king-size beds, three-and-a-half bathrooms, living room, dining room, multiple Jacuzzis, and full kitchen.
Rooms and Rates
Gourmet cuisine is served at Blanca Blue Restaurant & Lounge, which also features an extensive wine cellar.
Blanca Blue Restaurant & Lounge overlooks the ocean from behind the lobby, with a lounge linking it to the lobby. It features a gourmet international menu, plus a 3000-bottle wine cellar and more than 100 brands of tequila for tasting. A curving glass wall overlooks the ocean, and every table has a perfect view. An unforgettable spot for a high-end dining experience.
- Aquazul Beach Bar & Lounge has a poolside location, with seating down on the beach as well, and serves light fare and beverages
- BocaDos STK, located in the Panorama Tower, serves small bites as well as imported and domestic steaks.
- 24-hour room service
- All-inclusive meal plan available
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Km 7.5 a Barra de Navidad, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 48390, Mexico|