- White beach access and free non-motorized water sports
- Stylish rooms feature flat-screen TVs, minibars, and balconies
- Some rooms have open-concept bathrooms with huge jetted tubs or private swim-out pools
- Adult-only pools, hot tub, and swim-up bars; weekly themed pool and beach parties
- All-inclusive dining options at 10 restaurants and 16 bars (reservations not required)
- Room service available around the clock
- Spa offers massages and beauty treatments, plus a hydrotherapy circuit
- Large gym, free fitness classes, and tennis courts
- Cooking and mixology classes
- Free gambling at Casino Del Mar
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Diamond Club members get special perks like butler service and late check-outs
- Adult-only, but set in a larger resort where kids are allowed
- Reports of poor beach quality, confusing check-in system, and thefts
- Complaints about towel shortages, cleanliness issues, and sewage smells
- Loud, impersonal common areas
- Not everyone loves an open-concept bathroom
The Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun is a luxury, adult-only beach resort about a 45-minute drive south of Cancun. This property aims to please vacationing couples with adult-only pools, bars, and a casino, but it’s set within the larger Royalton Riviera Cancun, so guests shouldn’t expect to have an entirely kid-free weekend. The 343 rooms are stylish and sophisticated; each has a minibar, flat-screen TV, terrace, and (most) have an open-concept bathroom with a jetted tub. However, they don’t all have good views, and there have been complaints about sewage smells and towel shortages. Property features include a large pool complex, all-inclusive meal plans at multiple restaurants, a large gym, free fitness classes, and a spa with a hydrotherapy circuit. Couples in search of quiet might want to compare rates at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun, a true adult-only property on a beautiful section of beach with a nearby shopping plaza.
Hotel & Amenities Photos
- Fitness Center
This Hotel Also Featured In
What’s better than a vacation in a laid-back locale with a white-sand beach, turquoise waters, and balmy breezes? A vacation with all of those perks plus some exciting casino action. If you think you need to head to Las Vegas or Atlantic City for high-stakes thrills, you’re in for a pleasant surprise. Curacao, Aruba, and…
Things You Should Know About Hideaway At Royalton Riviera Cancun
Also Known As
- Hideaway at Royalton
Carretera Federal 307, Tulum-Cancun Km 332,15, SM31, Puerto Morelos 77500, Mexico
Oyster Hotel Review
Hideaway At Royalton Riviera Cancun
Classy and romantic adult-only resort set within a larger resort
Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun is an adult-only resort within the larger Royalton Riviera resort complex. Hideaway guests get access to the features of the other resorts, including pools, numerous restaurants and bars, a spa, casino, and gym. However, some of the facilities are outside of the adult-only areas and can be crowded with families and kids. Despite website claims that the Hideaway is a “boutique” property, it actually has 343 rooms and a loud, busy, and impersonal vibe, especially in the lobby, where guests report that the check-in system can be confusing.
Public spaces are bright, upscale, and trendy overall, with glossy floors, a predominantly cream color scheme, and contemporary chairs and couches. The outdoor spaces are similarly well-maintained, with chic blue pools surrounded by manicured landscapes of flowers and palm trees, cream stone pathways, and patio furniture tucked away in hidden corners. Overall, the scene is opulent with just the right amount of luxe and romance for couples on vacation.
Beachfront location, but far from Cancun's city center
Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun is situated within the mall-like complex that houses all Royalton resorts, on a sandy beach strip south of Cancun. There isn’t a whole lot else going on immediately near the resort, as it’s surrounded by a marshy area. It’s about a 45-minute drive to Cancun’s city center and half-hour by car to Cancun’s International Airport. The location is best for those who plan on holing up inside the resort and not exploring Cancun.
Upscale rooms with flat-screen TVs, minibars, balconies, and (most) open-plan bathrooms
The 343 rooms and suites at Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun are stylish and high-end. Each is decorated with rich fabrics and materials in cream and tan with pops of red in throw cushions and wall art. White and wooden furnishings are modern and sleek, while cream floors and subtle prints add touches of high-end style. Amenities include USB charging stations and Bluetooth audio stations, safes, flat-screen TVs, minibars, air-conditioning, free bottled water, and coffee- and tea-making facilities. All rooms have furnished balconies or terraces, some with pool or beach views and others with swim-out pools or hot tubs.
Most of the rooms have open-concept bathrooms that are only separated from the bed area by curtains or half-walls (though toilets are fully separated). While it’s seemingly intended as a romantic effect at this the adult-only property, it might not be private enough for all. Bathrooms have separate rain showers and deep jetted tubs, double vanities, hairdryers, and free toiletries. Note that there have been past complaints about maintenance problems, sewage smells, towel shortages, and thefts from rooms.
Guests can pay extra for Diamond Club room categories, which come with a huge variety of extra perks. A personal butler will provide a tour of the property, unpack and pack belongings, iron clothing, and arrange for birthday or anniversary celebrations. Upgraded rooms come with free continental breakfast in the Diamond Club lounge, daily restocked free minibars, and late check-out times.
Extensive recreation and multiple pools
Thanks to Hideaway's extensive amenities, it would be fairly easy to spend an entire vacation without leaving the property. While the Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun has its own features, guests can take advantage of the amenities in other parts of the larger resort complex. The beach has waitstaff service, five-minute massages, and a beach club with plenty of lounge chairs and cabanas. Non-motorized water sports are free. Guests receive Hideaway beach bags free of charge. Note that past guests have complained about too much seaweed and trash on the beach.
Swimming pools of all shapes and sizes can be found throughout the resort and are surrounded by lounge chairs, umbrellas, and cabanas. There are three adult-only pools and a hot tub on-site, plus plenty of pools where families are allowed on the property. Note that weekly themed pool and beach parties can get a bit wild.
The Royal Spa features a hydrotherapy circuit, massages, and beauty services including facials, manicures, and hairstyling. The hotel also has tennis courts as well as a large gym with varied weight and cardio equipment, plus free fitness classes throughout the week.
For more entertainment beyond the beach and pool area, guests can check out Casino Del Mar in the Royalton Riviera Cancun. Hideaway guests get $50 worth of free play. Nightly entertainment options include dinner on the beach, shows, live music, and the weekly Sky Champagne party on the Sky Terrace. Wi-Fi is free throughout the hotel, and there’s a business center with desktop computers and a printer.
All-Inclusive / Food
All-inclusive at 10 restaurants without reservations
The Hideaway provides a pretty straightforward all-inclusive package that doesn't have many of the restrictions and reservations required at competing hotels. There are 10 restaurants in the large Royalton resort complex, with a range of cuisine options including Mexican, Italian, and Japanese. Hideaway guests also get exclusive access to Dorado Seafood Grill Restaurant. The resort offers cooking and mixology classes plus poolside hors d’oeuvres and tequila tastings. There’s unlimited reservation-free dining and 24-hour (but occasionally slow) room service.
- Gourmet Marché serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets with an emphasis on international cuisine. Healthy options and freshly squeezed juices are also served.
- Zen provides an authentic teppanyaki experience, along with fresh sushi for dinner only.
- Hunter Steakhouse has an open kitchen so guests can watch as their steaks are prepared. There's also a sommelier and Cava cellar.
- Grazie Italian Trattoria serves Italian comfort food for lunch and dinner.
- OPA! does Mediterranean dishes for dinner and the meal can be served in small alcoves designed for two people.
- Armadillo provides a Tex-Mex experience by the Diamond Club pool. Lunch and dinner includes Mexican favorites like fajitas, served on the open-air patio.
- Dorado is only available to Hideaway guests (no kiddos allowed) and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Highlights include grilled seafood and fresh smoothies.
- The Beach Club Grill serves casual Caribbean cuisine next to the beach. The menu focuses on snacky food for lunch and dinner.
- Agave provides Mexican food, buffet-style, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- SCORE Sports Bar features 26 flat-screen TVs and guarantees guests won't miss a single sporting event. The menu focuses on grilled food and pub selections for lunch and dinner. There's a late-night snack menu as well.
- Caffe Lounge is the spot for all-day specialty coffee drinks and pastries.
- Scoops Gelato serves a selection of flavored gelato.
- C/X Culinary Experience is perfect for honeymooners. The experience provides a private chef who prepares a multi-course dinner in a private room. This does come with an extra charge.
Swim-up bars and adult-only bars
Hideaway guests can opt for an all-inclusive plan that includes all meals and drinks, even (most) top-shelf alcohol. There are 14 different bars and nightclubs spread across the resort. Hideaway, Aquarius, and Pisces are the adult-only swim-up bars, though they close on the early side. For late night drinking, dancing, and entertainment, guests can choose from Score Sports Bar and Lounge (flat-screen TVs for sporting events), XS Disco Bar (for dancing), and Sands Beach Bar. The Lobby Bar also stays open late and there's an elegant martini bar, as well. Those with Diamond Club access gain entry to two additional bars, and get extra premium alcohol.
Hotel & Amenities Photos
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Beauty / Hair Salon
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Poolside Drink Service
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.