- Nice rooms with balconies and kitchens
- Large pool with lots of lounge chairs
- Great stretch of Bahia Banderas beach
- Wonderful spa with innovative programs including hydrotherapy
- Bucerias is only a mile away on foot or bike
- All-inclusive and European rates available
- All-inclusive packages include access to restaurants at adjacent property
- Large, modern, air-conditioned fitness center
- Good restaurant serving specializing in steak
- Free Wi-Fi
- Only one on-site dining choice (though all-inclusive includes restaurants at adjacent property)
- Hard to get drink service on beach or poolside
- Some balconies aren't totally private; shared with dividers
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Not a timeshare like its sister properties, this Villa shoots for an upscale vibe.
The Villa Estancia is going for a level of upscale elegance that differentiates it from its sister hotel next door. The designers used a rich palette to achieve the Spanish Colonial Hacienda décor that feels, in some areas of the hotel, too formal for the neighborhood. But it’s very handsome, in a dark, masculine way.
The hotel is a high end timeshare, selling fractional ownerships with an eight-week minimum, so it doesn’t have that hustler quality of your basic timeshare. But it is one, even if the prices are way higher than usual. What this adds up to, for the visiting hotel guest, is, take a bit of advice: unless you are in the market for a timeshare, don’t do the tour, don’t hear the pitch, don’t go there.
Take a swim instead, in the gorgeous freeform pool in its lovely garden setting onsite, or in the clear blue sea, and then hang out poolside, have a meal in La Casona, the main restaurant, or indulge in a hydrotherapy treatment at the alluringly elegant Tatewari Spa, right on site. All the restaurants at the Villa del Palmar Flamingos, next door, are also available in the all-inclusive package (guests at the Flamingo do NOT have the same privileges at La Estancia)
Quite a bit north of Puerto Vallarta -- good for those who plan to stay at the resort
This northernmost stretch of Nuevo Vallarta is still under development, and so, along with some half-built hotel towers, empty lots, and other not-so-pretty signs of ongoing development along the way, you’ll find lush green jungle right across the road. Other than the other hotels nearby--and there are several--beyond the beach there is not much here except the road to there.
- 15-minute drive to airport
- 5-minute drive to Bucerias
- 20-25-minutes drive to Puerto Vallarta
Large, handomely decorated rooms with nice terraces
Although the 260 rooms are privately owned, the hotel organizes the design -- so all rooms a Mexican Colonial decor style with a few contemporary touches. Spacious and comfortable, they feature tan marble floors, wooden ceiling fans, and arched doorways. They all have lovely terraces/balconies with ocean or pool views. The studios have mini-fridges, while the suites have kitchenettes or full kitchens.
- Colonial decor with modern touches
- Flat-screen TVs
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tan marble floors throughout
- Balconies with ocean or pool views
- Suites have kitchenettes or full kitchens, double sinks separate shower/tub
Rooms and Rates
Only one restaurant in this all-inclusive, but guests can eat for free next door
- Tatewari Spa with innovative hydrotherapy treatments
- La Casona steakhouse serving eclectic Mexican fare
- All-inclusive rates are available (optional), and include access to restaurants in Villa del Palmar Flamingos next door.
- Large, beautiful freeform pool with plenty of chairs
- Air conditioned, well equipped fitness center
- Faces long, quiet beautiful beach on the gorgeous north shore of Bahia Banderas
- Tennis courts
- View full list of amenities
Transport to / from Hotel
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Paseo Cocoteros 750 Sur, Condominio Maestro Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico|