- Inconsistent room layout, due to 1920's construction
- Fees for valet-only parking and Wi-Fi
- Some complaints of noise
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A neo-Gothic medical facility turned 177-room boutique, with a prime downtown location and a reputation as a haunted hotel
With origins as the city's first medical office building, the Emily Morgan Hotel is steeped in history. Unusual gargoyles depicting medical ailments adorn its exterior and some guests say that ghosts haunt its interior.
Notable amenities include a heated, stainless steel pool with deck area that overlooks the city, and a cozy library with comfortable couches, books, newspapers, two computers, and Wi-Fi (for a fee).
In the heart of Downtown San Antonio, across the street from the Alamo and close to the River Walk entertainment district, convention center, shopping and historical sites
The Emily Morgan Hotel has a prime downtown location, with San Antonio’s famed Alamo right outside its front door. Numerous historical sites, tourist attractions, restaurants and shops are within walking distance.
- 1-minute-walk to the Alamo
- 5-minute-walk to the River Walk
- 7-minute-walk to Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
- 10-minute-walk to Tower of the Americas
- 10-minute-walk to La Villita park
- 5-minute-drive to the Alamodome
- 7-minute-drive to the King William Historical District
- 13-minute-drive to San Antonio International Airport
Recently renovated rooms are crisp and comfortable.
Renovated rooms are contemporary and fresh, with new gray wallpaper and attractive furnishings including leather ottomans, dark hardwood furniture, and comfortable couches. The feather-top beds with 400-thread count Egyptian cotton linens are the rooms' standout feature. Bathrooms feature granite countertops and AVEDA bath products. Suites offer Jacuzzi bathtubs.
Some rooms have Alamo views through elongated windows featuring gargoyles.
- High ceilings
- Flat-screen TVs
- Coffeemakers with free coffee and tea
- AVEDA bath products
- No microwaves
- Mini-fridges only on request
- In-room Wi-Fi for a fee
Rooms and Rates
A recently remodeled swimming pool works well with the hotel’s ongoing facelift and there are meeting spaces, places for work or study, and a fitness center.
- Small fitness center with cardio machines and some free weights
- Small, stainless steel pool is heated and features a nice patio area with city views
- The Library offers books, newspapers and small workspace with two computers, a printer, and Wi-Fi (for a fee)
- 4,000 square feet of meeting space
- Wedding packages and on-site wedding planner available
- Paid valet parking, with in-and-out privileges
- View Full List of Amenities
The hotel lobby houses the ORO Restaurant and Bar, which features Texas cuisine, Wi-Fi, and a Psychic Happy Hour with palm readings.
- ORO is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and serves regional Texas cuisine. High-backed booths, dark wood accents, and soft lighting create an elegant ambience.
- Daily happy hour
- Extensive martini menu
- Room service until late
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||705 E Houston St, San Antonio, Texas 78205, United States|