- Noise from street can be heard in guest rooms
- Refrigerators and microwaves available on request for a fee
Oyster Hotel Panoramas
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Sophisticated and modern with plenty of natural light
Thanks to the atrium-style lobby, Hotel Contessa's first impression is usually one of grandiosity. Glass-walled elevators look out over the lobby as they climb the 12 floors -- at the top, a chic (but small) rooftop pool area features a Jacuzzi, modern lounge seating, and large windows that look out over San Antonio's cityscape. A luxury day spa on the top floor offers a relaxing oasis for those in need of a massage or unique treatment, or those seeking more action can hit the spacious fitness center with updated equipment and even more dramatic city views.
Overall, the hotel's contemporary decor is thoughtful, with obvious designer touches. The lobby incorporates modern furnishings in a classic San-Antonio color palette of brown, rust and gold tones.
On a quiet stretch of the River Walk but still close to the action, and within walking distance to downtown historical attractions, dining, and shopping.
- 12-minute-drive to San Antonio International Airport
- 1-minute-walk to the River Walk
- 5-minute-walk to Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
- 7-minute-walk to La Villita park
- 10-minute-walk to Tower of the Americas
- 15-minute-walk to the Alamo
- 15-minute-walk to the King William Historical District
- 5-minute drive to the Alamodome
Cozy suites with door separating the living area and bedroom
The spacious rooms have river or city views, and good amenities such as a minibar chock full of tempting treats. Some rooms are on the smaller (or "cozy") side, but decor feels designer-homey, with a sophisticated mix of upholstery prints, Southwestern art, and exposed-brick walls that make it feel more like an urban apartment than a large hotel.
- Coffeemakers with free coffee and tea
- Flat-screen TVs with cable channels in bedroom and living room
- Shower/tub combos
- Mini bar offers a wide selection of items (including dog treats for guests with pets)
- Mini-fridges and microwaves available on request, for a fee
- River view rooms cost more than those with city views
Rooms and Rates
Rooftop pool, modern fitness center, and lovely spa
The rooftop pool and Jacuzzi area, with its colorful modern lounge chairs and large windows that look out over the city, is a great spot for cosmopolitans unwinding after a day of shopping. It offers drink service on Fridays and Saturdays during the summer.
Attractive, modern dining areas inside or al fresco beside the river, plus a hip lobby bar
The hotel's restaurant, Las Ramblas, is one of the River Walk's standouts, offering a menu that focuses on Spanish and Mediterranean cuisine in lieu of the tired Tex-Mex offerings of too many of its neighbors. It features an open kitchen and is located on the river level of the hotel. The decor includes lovely glass art by a local artist.
- Las Ramblas is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; inside or outdoor patio seating next to the river available.
- The Cork Bar is on the same level as Las Ramblas and features an extensive wine list along with Spanish tapas, and creative drink offerings such as melon mojitos and Thai basil margaritas. The atmosphere is hip and modern.
- Poolside bar opens Friday and Saturday afternoons in the summertime.
- Room service until late
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||306 W Market St, San Antonio, Texas 78205, United States|