Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
With moody ambient lighting and dark hardwoods, this hotel is decidedly geared toward adults
The Valencia River Walk is housed in a rust-and-golden-hued 12-story building capped with attractive Spanish architectural details, such as tiled roofing, ornate moldings, tin ceilings, and iron lanterns. The hotel's entrance is found on the street level, though you'll need to walk up a flight of stone-clad stairs flanked by a dimly lit fountain to arrive at the front desk. Overall the hotel's ambiance is dark, modern, and sexy -- a mood that is created through strategically placed lighting, richly colored carpeting, and dark hardwoods for walls and furnishings. This atmosphere tends to draw more of the hip singles crowd than families, especially when taking into account that the hotel is well known for its trendy lobby bar and restaurant. This may also be due to the fact that the hotel is lacking family-friendly amenities such as a pool.
Excellent River Walk location
Hotel Valencia is situated right on San Antonio’s River Walk with a number of excellent restaurants and historical attractions nearby.
- 15-minute-drive to San Antonio International Airport
- 1-minute-walk to the River Walk
- 10-minute-walk to the Alamo
- 10-minute-walk to Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
- 12-minute-walk to La Villita park
- 15-minute-walk to Tower of the Americas
- 6-minute-drive to the King William Historical District
- 6-minute drive to the Alamodome
Cozy, modern and attractive with nice city and River Walk views
All 213 rooms at Hotel Valencia are on par with the overall hotel decor -- sleek, modern, and sophisticated. The furnishings don't go far beyond the basic needs (comfy bed, nice work desk with chair, and nightstands with lighting), though the comfy leather chair with ottoman in the traditional rooms is a nice touch, and the Tivoli radios are a far step above the standard.
- Large flat-screen, wall-mounted TV with cable channels
- Modern bathrooms with stainless steel sinks and white marble countertops
- Nicely stocked mini bar
- Standard shower/tub combo
- Egyptian cotton bed linens
- Plush waffle-weave bathrobes
- Tivoli radio alarm clocks
- Free Wi-Fi
- Balcony and courtyard rooms are available at an upgrade
Rooms and Rates
Geared more toward adults and business travelers, it lacks a pool but features a fitness center and small spa
One of the city’s most acclaimed restaurants is on-site, and the lobby bar is among the favorite haunts of San Antonio's young and trendy
Citrus is a farm-to-table restaurant run by an award-winning chef focusing on contemporary American and Mediterranean cuisine.
- Citrus is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and offers indoor and outdoor seating (next to the River Walk). There's also a paella/pasta bar weekdays at lunchtime.
- VBar is a popular nightlife spot; open daily
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||150 East Houston Street, San Antonio, Texas 78205, United States|