- Serene area of the River Walk in the heart of downtown close to shopping, dining, and entertainment
- Pretty rooftop pool with bar, and plenty of lounge seating
- Airy, modern fitness center with sauna
- Spa with nice selection of treatments
- Good on-site dining options
- Daily Mexican-style high tea with fresh pastries
- Pets allowed, for a fee
- Wi-Fi for a fee in rooms; free only in public areas
- Smallish swimming pool for a property this size
- Valet parking only, for an overnight fee
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Relaxing, classy setting next to the river
Perhaps it’s the signature scent of white tea permeating the lobby, or the peaceful view of the river framed by green foliage that make the Westin Riverwalk instantly feel like a tranquil, luxurious oasis. It could be the elegant, stately lobby decor, or the immaculate heated pool set in a quiet rooftop-garden setting. Whatever the reason, this resort is definitely a step above many other comparably priced properties in the area.
On a quiet segment of the otherwise busy River Walk
Although in the heart of the city, The Westin Riverwalk's location away from the main strip of the River Walk provides for a more serene experience without being too far from the action. Guests can walk to any of a number of area attractions, including the Alamo, La Villita, the River Walk, and Tower of the Americas.
- 12-minute-drive to San Antonio International Airport
- 5-minute-walk to the River Walk
- 5-minute-walk to Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
- 7-minute-walk to La Villita park
- 10-minute-walk to Tower of the Americas
- 15-minute-walk to the Alamo
- 15-minute-walk to the King William Historical District
- 5-minute drive to the Alamodome
The rooms feel somewhat basic at first glance, but have some nice extras such as a well-stocked mini bar and a two-headed shower
Although furniture in the rooms is nice and on par with the rest of the property, decor feels a bit lazy and lacks inspired, designer elements like unique artwork or fixtures. Basically, it looks like any normal hotel room, but with nicer furniture.
Despite decor tastes, the rooms are comfortable with all the basic requirements, plus a sleep experience enhanced by Westin’s Heavenly Bed. The double-headed shower, part of the chain’s Heavenly Bath, is a cut above other hotel showers.
The junior suites are a definite step up from the deluxe rooms. Some feature a spacious open floor plan, while the junior corner suites feature partial dividers that separate living spaces from the bedroom. The fourth floor houses four Deluxe Riverside rooms with oversized balconies overlooking the River Walk.
- Nicely stocked mini bars, and coffee makers with Starbucks coffee
- Flat-screen TVs with cable channels
- Walk-in double-head showers, and separate (but small) soaking tubs
- Westin's signature bedding, with pillow-top mattress, and nightly turndown service
- Wi-Fi for a fee
Rooms and Rates
All the basic amenities you would expect to find at a high-end proper
Riverside dining and a lobby cafe provide decent dining options on-site
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||420 Market Street, San Antonio, Texas 78205, United States|