Rancho Santa Fe, San Diego Travel Guide
Rancho Santa Fe Summary
- Very affluent area, with lots country clubs to prove it
- Beautiful Spanish-style buildings
- Picture-perfect scenery with majestic rolling hills
- Home to many celebrities
- Very expensive, not the place to penny-pinch
- 35-minute drive to San Diego
- 20-minute drive to the beach
What It's Like
Rancho Santa Fe is one of the most upscale areas not only in California, but in the whole country. The town itself is beautiful, modeled after a Spanish village, and construction is closely monitored to maintain the beauty of the area. The area is home to many celebrities and politicians and is predominately residential. Head to The Village for upscale dining and boutique shopping or one of the area's many country clubs to play a round of golf.
Where to Stay
Rancho Santa Fe is a very small town that is primarily residential, so no matter where you stay, you will be near everything it has to offer.