Travel Guide of Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego for: San Diego Marriott Gaslamp QuarterGaslamp Quarter, San Diego, California
Gaslamp Quarter Summary
- Great nightlife, known for its clubs and restaurants
- Hip, young vibe
- Great shopping and galleries
- Outdoor celebrations: Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day, and the Street Scene music festival
- Walking distance to Petco Park, where the San Diego Padres play
- Walking distance to the san Diego Convention Center
- Necessary to drive to some of San Diego's popular sites
- Occasional vagrancy
- Expensive parking
What It's Like
The historical Gaslamp Quarter, located between 4th and 6th Avenues, and between Broadway to the north and Harbor Drive to the south, is a hip, young neighborhood that's home to beautiful Victorian buildings and some of Downtown San Diego's best restaurants, shopping, nightlife, and art galleries. It's also where some of the city's most popular outdoor celebrations -- Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day, and the Street Scene music festival -- take place.
Where to Stay
Because it's such a small area, anywhere within its boundaries is prime real estate -- and many of the hotel prices here reflect that.