Travel Guide of Uptown, Sedona for: Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside VillasUptown, Sedona, Arizona
- Lots of shops and restaurants
- Wide array of hotels
- Arguably the most walkable area in Sedona
- Spectacular views of the rock formations
- The Sedona Arts Center, among other galleries
- One of the liveliest areas in Sedona
- Easy access to Oak Creek Canyon
- Traffic jams -- though less than in other parts of the city
- Tourist-y and crowded
- 2-hour drive from the closest major airport – in Phoenix
What It's Like
Lively and tourist-y, Uptown is the real downtown of Sedona. Shops, galleries, restaurants and hotels line the streets of this neighborhood, especially Highway 89A, Uptown's main artery. (This stretch of Highway 89A is also referred to as "Main Street," a term some use interchangeably with Uptown.) Traffic jams are less dense than in other areas of Sedona, and its size allows for some nice walks (but bring a hat and sunscreen in the summer!). Expect to find crowds all year round since most of the scenic tours depart from here, and the vibe of the neighborhoods attracts tourists and locals alike. If you can see past the malls and the souvenir shops, this part of town has some of the most spectacular views of the stunning rock formations.
Where To Stay
The neighborhood is quite compact, so anywhere will be reasonably near the action, but most shops and restaurants are on Highway 89A (which also leads to Oak Creek Canyon and Flagstaff).