- No pool
- No on-site fitness center (though off-site fitness center available to use)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Informal and intimate, with stunning surroundings -- but not much to do on-site
Las Posadas is a luxury bed-and-breakfast suited for romantic couples, business travelers, and families alike. It's not a sprawling resort, and lacks the amenities of a larger property. Rather, Las Posadas strives to satisfy guests by offering huge, clean suites and a homey atmosphere.
Buildings are pink to match the surrounding landscape. The lobby is tiny compared to most hotels in Sedona, but the suites are the opposite -- cavernous, some equipped with full kitchens, and ready to accommodate big groups for days at a time.
There's no restaurant here, but the free three-course breakfast is a gourmet affair.
7 miles south of Sedona in the Village of Oak Creek, with popular hiking trails nearby
Las Posadas is in a residential area in the Village of Oak Creek, but is only a short drive from shops and restaurants. The Sedona Golf Resort's 18 holes of championship golf are less than a mile away.
The Village of Oak Creek is seven miles south of Sedona, and is also spectacularly nestled among soaring red sandstone buttes. Unlike busy, often-congested Sedona, it's easier to get around here. Several excellent restaurants, a handful of galleries, and many hiking trails are available nearby, so a trip to Sedona isn't necessary in order to enjoy the area. Yet a vehicle will come in handy once guests decide to explore the region.
Guests may be intrigued to learn that the Sedona area was inhabited in the 1200s by the Sinagua Indians ("sin agua" is Spanish for "without water"), who left behind stone ruins, rock art paintings, and other evidence of their culture. Today, people can visit archeological sites tucked away in the Coconino National Forest (much of the land surrounding Sedona is National Forest) such as V-Bar-V Petroglyph Site, which is only 15 minutes from Las Posadas.
Hiking and mountain biking are among the best ways to experience the area. With scores of trails that begin within town, visitors can easily hike and bike to their hearts' content at places like Jack's Canyon, Courthouse Butte, Bell Rock, and Cathedral Rock. The terrain can vary from easy to strenuous, from hot sun-baked red rock desert, to cool and wet riparian corridors that give life to ferns, mosses, and wildflowers.
Just don't come here expecting bustling nightlife -- after dark, the town goes to sleep.
- 2-hour drive from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- 30-minute drive from Sedona Airport
- 5-minute drive to Bell Rock
- 5-minute drive to the Sedona Golf Resort
- 15-minute drive to V-Bar-V Petroglyph Site
- 15-minute drive to Uptown Sedona (a.k.a. Main Street), a stretch of Highway 89A that's lined with shops, restaurants, and art galleries
- 20-minute drive to Red Rock Crossing
- 20-minute drive to Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village, a lovely shopping area with cobblestones, a fountain, and art galleries (where you can sometimes watch artists at work)
- 30-minute drive to Slide Rock
Las Posadas' 20 suites are each individually decorated and appointed. They're the opposite of what you'd get at a corporate chain -- homey and informal, but still upscale. Works of art by local artists hang on the walls, and the furniture is handcrafted. Tech features are mostly up-to-date, although there is the occasional tube TV lurking in a bedroom armoire. Granite countertops, stone and tile baths, and double-sided fireplaces are nice touches.
- Balcony or patio
- King bed and Egyptian cotton sheets
- Sofa bed
- Kitchenette with mini-fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker
- Flat-screen TV
- Separate tub and shower
- Honeymoon suite has a Jacuzzi on the outdoor patio
- The Red Rock Suite has, as the name implies, excellent views of the red rocks. The Premium Suite has views of a nearby mesa. Views are limited in the Deluxe Suites.
- The 1-Bedroom and 2-Bedroom Villas have washer/dryers and full kitchens.
Rooms and Rates
Free Wi-Fi and an use of an off-site fitness center
Free three-course gourmet breakfast
Guests get a free three-course breakfast every morning (sample items include apple and brie quiche and blueberry brown sugar scones), as well as free appetizers and fresh cookies delivered daily to their rooms. Room service during limited hours is available.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||26 Avenida de Piedras, Sedona, Arizona 86351, United States|