- Fee for Wi-Fi
- 2-hour timeshare pitches for guests who accept the “welcome package” from the concierge
- No food on-site or within walking distance
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A sprawling system of buildings and streets
The Summit is a Diamond Resort, so travelers will need to be aware that they'll face a timeshare sales pitch should they accept the “welcome package” from the concierge.
The resort design is distinctly Southwestern, with a lobby featuring red tile floors, tall windows, and works of art by local artists. Instead of occupying a single hotel building, the Sedona Summit comprises many smaller pink adobe-style buildings spread across a large property, separated by streets. The streets provide parking for many guests and traffic is frequent, so guests will need to mind vehicles when walking around.
The hotel's location on the western edge of Sedona allows for solid -- if distant -- red rock views. One of the three pools has quality views, as does the stand-alone Mesa Spa. But the location also means that nothing is within walking distance -- and there is no restaurant on-site, so you'll have to drive elsewhere for dining.
Isolated in West Sedona off Highway 89A, with good but distant views
Sedona Summit occupies a hill at the western edge of Sedona, right off the main artery of Highway 89A. The elevated setting is perfect for enjoying views of the red rocks, including Doe Mountain and Thunder Mountain. Cathedral Rock and Red Rock Crossing are close by, along with many hiking areas such as Boynton Canyon and Red Rock State Park. Shopping and dining will require a short drive back toward Sedona, however, as the Summit is somewhat isolated.
- 2-hour drive from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- 10-minute drive from Sedona Airport
- 10-minute drive to the Thunder Mountain Trail
- 10-minute drive to Red Rock Crossing
- 10-minute drive to Uptown Sedona (a.k.a. Main Street), a stretch of Highway 89A that's lined with shops, restaurants, and art galleries
- 10-minute drive to Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village, a lovely shopping area with cobblestones, a fountain, and art galleries (where you can sometimes watch artists at work)
- 15-minute drive to Boynton Canyon Trail
- 20-minute drive to Chapel of the Holy Cross
- 25-minute drive to Sedona Golf Resort
Modern, spacious suites with full kitchens, and some views of the red rocks
With full kitchens, granite countertops, and flat-screen TVs, the suites at the Summit are both upscale and practical. Families and couples who want to dine in will enjoy the convenience of a large refrigerator, dishwasher, and (in certain rooms) washer/dryer combo. Bathrooms have tile and stone surfaces and large glass-walled showers; some feature Jacuzzi tubs.
Bedrooms and living rooms are fitted out in handsome dark woods, rusty reds, and creamy tans to match the Sedona landscape. Outside, the balconies are large enough to hold chairs and a small table, but views vary; many windows and balconies face a street rather than the distant red rock cliffs.
- All rooms come with at least a partial kitchen, featuring a refrigerator, stovetop, and microwave.
- The Standard One- and Two-Bedroom units have washer/dryers and limited views.
- The Mesa Suites feature views of a nearby mesa and the Sunset Suites feature views of the red rocks.
Rooms and Rates
3 heated pools and a kids’ clubhouse
- Three heated pools: A large pool that's popular with families and has a water play feature off to the side; an adults-only pool with mesa views and a Jacuzzi; and a third pool, also with a Jacuzzi
- Mesa Spa is a stand-alone Jacuzzi with red rock views and a picnic area
- Kids’ clubhouse features a game room with pool and foosball, as well as a basketball hoop.
- BBQ grills and picnic tables
- Fitness center with cardio machines, strength-training equipment, free weights, and several mounted flat-screen TVs
- View full list of amenities
Except for weekend continental breakfasts, there is no on-site dining
Guests visiting on the weekend get a free continental breakfast, but there's no on-site restaurant and no restaurants within walking distance. Guests can grocery shop and cook in their rooms, or drive to explore the restaurant options in Sedona.
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||4055 Navoti Drive, Sedona, Arizona 86336, United States|